What The **!!!
Whew! I really needed to get that of my chest. I try not to swear but occasionally one will slip out so this way I can get it out of my system without actually having to say it.
Why this sudden need to swear? Frustration, I guess. If you've read my last couple of blog entries you'll note a common theme and that is a frustration with my M.S.. Not the physical symptoms but the emotional ones. I know someone who is reading this and saying to themselves "Get over yourself!" Well, put yourself in my shoes if you dare. Go ahead. I dare you. Then deal with it by yourself and see how easy that is. Oh, it's not easy? Really? Hmmm.
Seeing As I've been consistently positive and upbeat about my illness since day one, I'm entitled to a little down time. A reality check. I need to feel my feelings and not hide them for the sake of others. That is definitely not healthy for me. I'll be back to my usual "I can conquer this disease" self any time now. Just taking some time to analyze my feelings deep within. It's the only way I know how to move past them and get myself back on track and positive again. It's the first time in almost three years I've let myself feel these feelings instead of pretending they don't exist.
I don't want your pity.
I don't want your sorrow.
I don't want your fear, I have enough of my own.
I just want your understanding.
Why this sudden need to swear? Frustration, I guess. If you've read my last couple of blog entries you'll note a common theme and that is a frustration with my M.S.. Not the physical symptoms but the emotional ones. I know someone who is reading this and saying to themselves "Get over yourself!" Well, put yourself in my shoes if you dare. Go ahead. I dare you. Then deal with it by yourself and see how easy that is. Oh, it's not easy? Really? Hmmm.
Seeing As I've been consistently positive and upbeat about my illness since day one, I'm entitled to a little down time. A reality check. I need to feel my feelings and not hide them for the sake of others. That is definitely not healthy for me. I'll be back to my usual "I can conquer this disease" self any time now. Just taking some time to analyze my feelings deep within. It's the only way I know how to move past them and get myself back on track and positive again. It's the first time in almost three years I've let myself feel these feelings instead of pretending they don't exist.
I don't want your pity.
I don't want your sorrow.
I don't want your fear, I have enough of my own.
I just want your understanding.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home