I Need My Fix
My exercise fix, that is. What did you think I meant?
I finally joined the YMCA yesterday and am now going to be back on track to get my body back to it's former self. When I was filling out the paperwork regarding my health I was considering leaving some things out. I don't want to be coddled when given an exercise program. I fessed up about almost everything..., I answered "yes" to the question about any recent broken bones (there's no way of getting around that one!) and "yes" to any neurological problems. I fibbed on the question of neck pain. I do have neck pain but I'm smart enough to know what I can and can't do. Besides, it's related to my M.S. and I already admitted to that so I consider it covered. If they just went by my paperwork, they might think "Hey, she's a sickley one". Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't look sick, act sick or even think I'm sick most of the time. I actually forget about my M.S. most of the time. People say "How can you actually forget about it when you give yourself a shot every day?" It's simple. It's no different than brushing your teeth. You do it without thinking " Gee I hope I don't get gingivitis!" You brush because it's what you do. I don't think about why I'm giving myself the shot. I just do it. It's going to take some courage to walk into the Y in shorts and a tank top though. In karate we wear a Gi and that covers up almost everything. I'm not fat...I'm actually thin but I'm really pale now and not toned like I used to be. Hopefully nobody will be looking!
I finally joined the YMCA yesterday and am now going to be back on track to get my body back to it's former self. When I was filling out the paperwork regarding my health I was considering leaving some things out. I don't want to be coddled when given an exercise program. I fessed up about almost everything..., I answered "yes" to the question about any recent broken bones (there's no way of getting around that one!) and "yes" to any neurological problems. I fibbed on the question of neck pain. I do have neck pain but I'm smart enough to know what I can and can't do. Besides, it's related to my M.S. and I already admitted to that so I consider it covered. If they just went by my paperwork, they might think "Hey, she's a sickley one". Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't look sick, act sick or even think I'm sick most of the time. I actually forget about my M.S. most of the time. People say "How can you actually forget about it when you give yourself a shot every day?" It's simple. It's no different than brushing your teeth. You do it without thinking " Gee I hope I don't get gingivitis!" You brush because it's what you do. I don't think about why I'm giving myself the shot. I just do it. It's going to take some courage to walk into the Y in shorts and a tank top though. In karate we wear a Gi and that covers up almost everything. I'm not fat...I'm actually thin but I'm really pale now and not toned like I used to be. Hopefully nobody will be looking!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home