One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back On The Blog

Well now that Christmas is over I can get back to a somewhat normal routine, except that my daughter doesn't go back to school until the second week of January. She's low maintenance though so it's great having her home and hanging out. We can do all sorts of "girl stuff" like going to the mall and out to lunch. She has quite a few gift cards she received for Christmas that she wants to redeem. I have a couple too but I'm not sure what I want to use them for yet. My stepson goes back to Missouri on Saturday and I think he had a pretty nice visit. I'm sure he misses his friends though.
As far as New Years Eve goes it's kind of up in the air right now. I'm trying not to get sick but I don't think my body is trying as hard as I would like it to. You know the usual stuff that's going around right now...sore throat, yucky nose, fatigue etc.... I don't want to make any major plans just in case. I used to be sick every New Years Eve. Every single one. The last few years have been better though but I haven't had big plans. There was the year we were at an outdoor event and it was freezing cold (yes, here in Phoenix it does freeze from time to time). I was sick as a dog and kept telling my husband I needed to go home but he kept saying "Just try a little longer." So, I did. I thought I would die. I found out later that I had a particularly awful strain of mono. I think he felt a little bad about that one and you know I need to remind him of it from time to time. If I ring in the new year here at home it's fine with me. At least I won't have to worry about all the lunatics on the roads who don't know when to say "when".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter