One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pickiness Gone Wild

I don't generally consider myself to be a picky eater. There are some items I just don't like but I think that is the same with everyone. I fessed up to my husband last night that the sight of spaghetti noodles is more than I can handle. He was like "what?" because he is the worlds pickiest eater. I kid you not. I have bestowed this title on him and he wears it with pride.
Let me start by telling you what he will not eat and you tell me if you think it's just a wee bit, how shall I say this, strange. (I have to put this delicately because he will be reading this I'm sure. Hi Sweetie!) He won't eat any vegetable except carrots. I'm not sure he even likes them but he can get them down. He was born and raised in Nebraska and doesn't even eat corn!? He won't eat any condiments such as mustard, ketchup etc. He will eat a burger dry...meat, cheese, bread. No onions, spices or sauces on anything except pasta sauce. He only likes French dressing on salad and will pick through his salad and deposit the tomatos, cucumbers, onions, radishes and whatever else is in there ( except the lettuce) right on the table...even if we are eating out. I say "Can't you just eat around them?" but he wouldn't want to accidentally eat a cuke or anything. He isn't quite as picky about desserts though. Although if it has even a single nut in it, keep it far, far away. Cookies? Only chocolate chip. No peanut butter, oatmeal or sugar cookies will do. Pies? Pretty much only chocolate cream pie. No pumpkin pie allowed and only apple as far as fruit pies go. And I'm not sure he really likes it all that much.
I do have to give him props though. In the nearly six years we've been married he has added a few new items to his repertoir. Courtesy of me. Meatloaf, tacos ( he may have had these before but I'm going to take the credit just in case), alfredo sauce...I guess that's it.
In a way I think he likes his pickiness. It is something that makes him unique. I sometimes get on his case about it because it is weird ( sorry sweetie ) but it's who he is. It does make for interesting conversation though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter