One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

More Karate Angst

Here we go. The belt exam stress is beginning. My daughter had her pre-exam test yesterday, called a "tip test" where she had to get tested on current material. This happens every 5 weeks. She did a good job on her kata which is a very difficult one and was awesome on her self defense techniques. She was, however, spoken to by her instructor that she needs to break the board on Saturday or she'll fail her exam. We already know this and have been stressing for a long time ( please read the American Kenpo Angst post on this blog ). I am soooooo furious about this! Do I have her take the exam and possibly fail? Do I postpone her exam until she can break the board (even though she knows her material nearly perfectly)? Do we stop doing karate altogether? All these things are what kept me from a good nights sleep last night. Since she broke the board last night here at home I've decided to put her on the exam and whatever happens, happens. Hopefully she will pass as she has worked so hard. I hope this stupid board won't keep her from what she deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter