One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Patience Is A Virtue I Don't Have

But I'm working on it. Still no offers on the house yet but I keep reminding myself it's the slow season. Things should pick up soon, or so I hear. We actually had a few lookers over the holidays. Even on New Years day. However it's supposed to happen, it will happen. Patience has always been a struggle for me as I've written in the past but I do think I'm getting better at it. It takes a lot of hard work on my part though.
I attempted to lift some weights yesterday (very light ones) because I don't want to do anything stupid and ruin my surgery. I managed it pretty well and am really happy with how my recovery is going. I'm nowhere near being "Karate Ready" yet and the jury is still out as to whether or not I ever will be, but I can't complain about my progress. I'm so excited to be starting an exercise regime again! I know those of you who are addicted to exercise like I am understand what I mean. It really is an addiction but if you're going to have any addiction it's the one to have!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel Gottlieb said...

Chris

Been thinking about the comment you left on my blog asking whether tai chi involved enough physical exertion compared with your karate.

At the level of breaking a sweat, no. There is a period in your practice -- for me, it lasted two years-- when doing a set would result in a heavy sweat. Had to wear sweat bands on my head and wrists. However, that passes.

Tai chi practice works at other levels -- biomechanical, energetic, meditative. When I do aerobic I use a rowing machine -- no balance issue, core strength, rythmic.

Tai chi and ms fit very well. I have no pain and spasticity is so low as to be unremarkable. I do TC anywhere (and have) -- Plaza San Marco, a small kitchen. Any time. Any clothes. Standing or sitting.

Whatever you decide, having a practice is essential. TC, yoga, karate, journal writing....whatever. Without a practice, there is no anchor in the ms storm.

sending good chi,

5:21 PM  
Blogger Joel Gottlieb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter