One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Break Out The Undies

Wow! This summer has sure flown by and I have to say I'm glad it did. All in all it was a nice summer but it's always good to get back to my regular life.
My step-son is leaving for the airport in about an hour and his visit this time was a really nice one. He seems to have grown up a lot and had developed a nice personality and is fun to be around. Quite a difference from just a couple years ago. I'm sure he's glad to be getting back to his friends in Missouri and his mom. He'll be back for Thanksgiving and if time keeps on flying like this, that'll be before I know it.
I have really fallen off the wagon as far as my exercise routine goes. I had my schedule down to a science during the school year but with kids at home all day, my exercise kind of took a backseat. And I'm feeling it too. My MS symptoms always seem to be more pronounced if I'm not working out and this heat hasn't helped the fatigue factor. The weather plays a bigger part of my disease if I'm not fit. I have significantly less energy and therefore motivation to get stuff done. And I have some more pain than usual too. I'm sure once I get back to business on Monday I'll feel better real soon. There is one thing in particular I've been looking forward to with the summer coming to an end... since my step-son has gone home... I can finally walk around the house in my bra and panties again! You don't know how much I missed that...

3 Comments:

Blogger Moby Dick said...

Alright! Bra & Panties! More exercise! It's all for a good cause! I TAGGED you (check my blog, August 5). I hope you will play the game...

12:12 AM  
Blogger frotoe said...

Hey I love your blog! I am also a 38 year old female karate student-its nice to know there are many more out there like us (crazy, that is :) I'll visit here often!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

My stepson went home too but that's because I couldn't summon the energy to care for him. He's 14 and it was too much. I did start Betaseron right before he came and uhhhhhh I spent most of the time getting the "flu" every other day!

What kind of exercise program do you use?

I'm going to my PCP tomorrow and will ask her if she can find a Physical Therapist to come to my house and start walking with me (walking trail by my house, whooohoo) in the early AM so I can regain my strength.

I finally got used to Betaseron for the most part. One Ultram gets me thru it. YIPPEE!!!!

But talk about being a noodle!!! Yikes! I did loose 35 pounds being a noodle. Go figure.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter