C'est La Vie
We took a big step yesterday, we took our house off the market. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm very relieved.
It was getting stressful to have the house in the ready condition all the time just in case someone wanted to come see it. My house is always neat but not necessarily spic-and-span so it'll be nice not to have to worry if I leave the house with a few dishes in the sink! I'm sure Maisy (our Shih-Tzu) will enjoy not having to be locked in the bathroom every time we leave the house just in case someone comes.
I think the most stressful part of this whole thing was watching houses languish on the market (ours included) unsold while people dropped their prices to ridiculous levels just to be competetive. I love my house and it is definitely worth way more than the market dictates so I guess it all comes down to the fact that we just picked a really bad time to try to sell. Whoever said "timing is everything" wasn't kidding. Oh well, that's life!
It was getting stressful to have the house in the ready condition all the time just in case someone wanted to come see it. My house is always neat but not necessarily spic-and-span so it'll be nice not to have to worry if I leave the house with a few dishes in the sink! I'm sure Maisy (our Shih-Tzu) will enjoy not having to be locked in the bathroom every time we leave the house just in case someone comes.
I think the most stressful part of this whole thing was watching houses languish on the market (ours included) unsold while people dropped their prices to ridiculous levels just to be competetive. I love my house and it is definitely worth way more than the market dictates so I guess it all comes down to the fact that we just picked a really bad time to try to sell. Whoever said "timing is everything" wasn't kidding. Oh well, that's life!



1 Comments:
Amazing what you are going through. Here in Miami, the kind of 2 bedroom condo units in old buildings (roof problems) that were about 100K last year are at 200K+ right now. Actual houses are at astronomical prices.
Post a Comment
<< Home