One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, May 22, 2006

No More Bra And Panties Parade

It's almost that time of year again. The summer is almost upon me and that can mean only one thing. Okay, it can mean two things. Maybe three. Life's about to be turned upside-down. 1) School's going to be out on Friday, 2)My stepson is coming for the summer and 3) No more walking around the house in my undies!
None of these things is a bad thing, it just causes me to make the same dramatic adjustment in my life that I do each year at this time. My 8 year old Monica will be out of school and home all day. That doesn't throw a huge monkey wrench into my day to day life but it does cause me to make some adjustments. She is a real breeze to have around because she is a very independant child and also very easy going. She can usually entertain herself if I'm busy and won't get into any trouble. It's just that she loves school and really misses it a lot during the summer months so I'm toying with the idea of getting her a tutor for the summer. Just for math. She's good at it but it doesn't come naturally to her and unfortunately she has me to thank for that. I think she and I will have an enjoyable summer together. We are very close and talk about everything. I hope this relationship continues in this way even as she gets older.
My stepson Matt will be arriving in a couple weeks from Missouri. He's 12 1/2 and is on the quiet side. Very reserved I guess. We have had a tumultuous relationship in the past but have gotten along nicely his past few visits. They have been enjoyable. He, on the other hand, is a bit more of a challenge as he tends to bore easily or spend hours in front of the t.v. or game cube. He is an incredibly gifted artist and has developed a nice sense of humor as he's matured. I wish we could find an art class or something for him while he's here. I think the teachers would be blown away! I especially am because I can't even draw a stick figure. He and Monica usually get along really well but they do have their moments. This is what is most challenging to me. I'm not used to having to mediate between kids and I'm always second guessing myself.
I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of it, after all...I always do.
And as for not being able to walk around in my undies for the next couple of months, I'll miss the comfort but I think my husband will probably miss this the most.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moby Dick said...

Post some photos, just so we know what you are talking about. This is an illustrated blog, after all?

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter