Pulling Myself Up By My Bootstraps
This should be my new mantra. I've proven to myself time and time again that this can be done and I'm really getting pretty good at it.
I'm back to karate since my latest injury but I'm sitting out sparring for a while. My doctor has said loud and clear "NO CONTACT SPORTS FOR AT LEAST 5 WEEKS!" I'll be good, I promise. This injury has proven itself to be not too bad. I can do karate ( we are working on a staff kata right now...if that's not a challenge with a finger splint on, I don't know what is! ). I'm getting pretty good at maneuvering that 5 1/2 foot long stick around without hurting myself.
The weather is warming up here in Phoenix and it's now into the 90's. 90 degrees here isn't like 90 elsewhere...it's the dry heat and that does make a difference. It's when it gets up into the 100's everyday that it gets HOT. Heat is normally a bad thing for people with M.S. but I am worse when it's cold. In the winter my body hurts all the time but the warming up of the weather gives me some relief from the daily and constant pain. The heat does wear on me too though and the fatigue is indescribable. I'm to the point where I'll take the fatigue over the pain. Ask me again when it's 115 outside and I may feel differently!
I'm back to karate since my latest injury but I'm sitting out sparring for a while. My doctor has said loud and clear "NO CONTACT SPORTS FOR AT LEAST 5 WEEKS!" I'll be good, I promise. This injury has proven itself to be not too bad. I can do karate ( we are working on a staff kata right now...if that's not a challenge with a finger splint on, I don't know what is! ). I'm getting pretty good at maneuvering that 5 1/2 foot long stick around without hurting myself.
The weather is warming up here in Phoenix and it's now into the 90's. 90 degrees here isn't like 90 elsewhere...it's the dry heat and that does make a difference. It's when it gets up into the 100's everyday that it gets HOT. Heat is normally a bad thing for people with M.S. but I am worse when it's cold. In the winter my body hurts all the time but the warming up of the weather gives me some relief from the daily and constant pain. The heat does wear on me too though and the fatigue is indescribable. I'm to the point where I'll take the fatigue over the pain. Ask me again when it's 115 outside and I may feel differently!



2 Comments:
Hello Miss Chris,
I can't even imagine what 115 degrees feels like!
Thanks for your comment on my site, it's always good to hear from you. (Please go to my site to see my response, I don't want to take up too much room on yours -- thanks.)
Sincerely,
John
Glad to hear you are doing better. The hot, humid days here (Miami) really kill an obese person. One more reason to lose weight (for me).
Post a Comment
<< Home