This Can't Be Happening!!!
My knuckle is broken!!!!! How could I do this to myself??? I must really be One Crazy Chick!
Yesterday in sparring my left index finger jammed when I was sparring my instructor. It made a loud "snap" and we both looked at each other like "Oh No!" It was really painful but I finished my fight and after I got home, I noticed it was beginning to swell. Then it started turning colors.
I went for an x-ray today and my doctor called me with the news.
I have an intraarticular fracture of my left index finger. That means the fracture of the bone continues through the joint. Ouch! My doctor's concerned that I may have snapped a tendon. Back to the hand specialist for me.
In the mean time, I can still do regular karate class and my weights. No sparring for a long while.
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this one!
Yesterday in sparring my left index finger jammed when I was sparring my instructor. It made a loud "snap" and we both looked at each other like "Oh No!" It was really painful but I finished my fight and after I got home, I noticed it was beginning to swell. Then it started turning colors.
I went for an x-ray today and my doctor called me with the news.
I have an intraarticular fracture of my left index finger. That means the fracture of the bone continues through the joint. Ouch! My doctor's concerned that I may have snapped a tendon. Back to the hand specialist for me.
In the mean time, I can still do regular karate class and my weights. No sparring for a long while.
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this one!



2 Comments:
It seems nobody escapes injuries in the martial arts. As you know, sparring is only a small part of karate anyway. It's good that you can train around it. There's nothing easy about this stuff! Feel better.
John
A cracked knuckle sounds like one of those injuries that is very painful and annoying since you need to use your hands all the time. I hope you feel better. Now is a good time for more meditation!
Post a Comment
<< Home