I'm Sucking Wind
I'm definitely sucking wind today. I just got back from karate and it was a killer. I don't know what got into the instructor but he was particularly brutal. Nice, but brutal. If anyone wants a good workout try this:
10 warm up laps (okay, they aren't long laps but this is just warm up).
20 stiff leg lifts (front) each leg.
20 stiff leg lifts (side) each leg.
20 crescent kicks each leg.
Stretching
150 reverse punches (with power!) and in a low horse stance.
50 knee switches (or mountain climbers...whatever you want to call them).
50 front kicks into the target, full power.
50 shuffle side kicks into the target, full power.
50 back kicks into the target, full power.
Are you breathing heavy yet? Sweating?
Then we spent the next 15 minutes on material. I was quizzed on my 6 self defense techniques we are learning this 5 week period. (I did a good job and did them all right. Yea me!).
Then I was told to perform 2 past katas for the instructor. Did fine there too.
To end the class we did...
100 more reverse punches, going to a lower horse stance after every 10.
Front leg front kicks for speed. Timed exercise.
I'm wiped out today. But it was fun!
10 warm up laps (okay, they aren't long laps but this is just warm up).
20 stiff leg lifts (front) each leg.
20 stiff leg lifts (side) each leg.
20 crescent kicks each leg.
Stretching
150 reverse punches (with power!) and in a low horse stance.
50 knee switches (or mountain climbers...whatever you want to call them).
50 front kicks into the target, full power.
50 shuffle side kicks into the target, full power.
50 back kicks into the target, full power.
Are you breathing heavy yet? Sweating?
Then we spent the next 15 minutes on material. I was quizzed on my 6 self defense techniques we are learning this 5 week period. (I did a good job and did them all right. Yea me!).
Then I was told to perform 2 past katas for the instructor. Did fine there too.
To end the class we did...
100 more reverse punches, going to a lower horse stance after every 10.
Front leg front kicks for speed. Timed exercise.
I'm wiped out today. But it was fun!



2 Comments:
Sounds like you are getting in some great work-outs!
That's enough to kill someone! 50 back kicks?!?!?! Ouch!
Post a Comment
<< Home