One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Want To Kick Some Butt!

But...I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Soon though. Someone was asking me yesterday if I still missed karate. I told them that I do and that I think about it every day and how much I miss doing it. I haven't given it up completely because as long as it is still in my head and I still love it, there's always a chance. I just need to get my body to cooperate and the hardest thing right now is being patient and careful as I try to get back into shape. I am constantly going over katas and self defense techniques in my head for two reasons. First, I don't want to forget all I've learned and second, it makes me feel like I'm still a part of it. I guess that's what keeps me motivated. Time will tell if it will ever happen or not but I am confident that it will because I want it so much. I know that karate isn't all about violence and beating on people but it's empowering to know that if I need to use it I can. It fills me with confidence to know that I can take care of myself and I don't want that feeling to go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter