Hotel Hell!
Okay...I knew our hotel in Las Vegas was going to be sub-standard. My husbands family couldn't afford to stay on the Strip so we stayed in downtown Las Vegas on Freemont Street. Anyone who's been to Vegas knows that this area is less than desirable and I'm not just talking about it's location off the Strip. I'm talking about its location right next door to the bus station.
The Plaza Hotel has seen better days and those days must have been decades ago, in my opinion. I wrote a review for TripAdvisor.com and it should be posted in a few days but I'll give you some of the dirt. And I mean dirt. This hotel is stinking dirty. It hasn't had a thorough cleaning in eons but I have to say that our room was clean. Outside around the hotel property is filthy and populated by homeless people. They seemed to be everywhere INSIDE the hotel and casino! They slept and passed out in the sports book area and in the lounges and were pan-handling guests at all hours of the day and night. It's the only time I can remember being afraid to walk around the hotel alone. We've stayed at The Luxor, Excaliber, The Tropicana, and The Venitian before to name a few and, like I said, I knew this was not near our usual standards but I wasn't expecting it to be a haven for derelicts either. I'm glad I didn't catch some sort of disease from the filth (however I think I'm getting pink eye right now. Could it be something I touched there? Hmmm).
Anyway, aside from the hotel from hell it was a fun trip. My husband's sister and her husband are hilarious and tons of fun to hang with and we actually had fun watching the drunks pass out in the lounge while dancing. My sister in law had seen the band before and thought they were cool and pretty cute and my husband says we were flirting with them. Wrong! They were flirting with us! It was pretty funny.
This was my first time betting on sports too. Didn't win too much money but also didn't lose much either. All in all a fun time however this will be our last time in downtown Las Vegas. It's worth the extra money to be on the Strip.
The Plaza Hotel has seen better days and those days must have been decades ago, in my opinion. I wrote a review for TripAdvisor.com and it should be posted in a few days but I'll give you some of the dirt. And I mean dirt. This hotel is stinking dirty. It hasn't had a thorough cleaning in eons but I have to say that our room was clean. Outside around the hotel property is filthy and populated by homeless people. They seemed to be everywhere INSIDE the hotel and casino! They slept and passed out in the sports book area and in the lounges and were pan-handling guests at all hours of the day and night. It's the only time I can remember being afraid to walk around the hotel alone. We've stayed at The Luxor, Excaliber, The Tropicana, and The Venitian before to name a few and, like I said, I knew this was not near our usual standards but I wasn't expecting it to be a haven for derelicts either. I'm glad I didn't catch some sort of disease from the filth (however I think I'm getting pink eye right now. Could it be something I touched there? Hmmm).
Anyway, aside from the hotel from hell it was a fun trip. My husband's sister and her husband are hilarious and tons of fun to hang with and we actually had fun watching the drunks pass out in the lounge while dancing. My sister in law had seen the band before and thought they were cool and pretty cute and my husband says we were flirting with them. Wrong! They were flirting with us! It was pretty funny.
This was my first time betting on sports too. Didn't win too much money but also didn't lose much either. All in all a fun time however this will be our last time in downtown Las Vegas. It's worth the extra money to be on the Strip.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home