My Karate Kid Rocks!
Whew! I'm so relieved! My eight year old daughter just passed her "flip" belt exam. In American Kenpo your "flip" belt is the last belt you get before your blackbelt. They call it a flip belt because it has a red stripe running the length of the belt on top and a black stripe on the bottom. Before you take the test to "flip" your belt, the black half is on the bottom of the belt. After you pass the exam you flip your belt and the black half is on top. Can you picture this? I ask because I'm having a hard time describing what it looks like. Anyway...once you pass this exam and flip your belt you begin training with the black belts. How exciting! In case you were wondering, she broke her boards like they were nothing. Piece of cake! I was so proud! But boy was I nervous.
My finger is coming along nicely and I hardly have any pain in it these days. I am a little leary of sparing any time soon but I've had some classmates say they'll spar me less aggressively if I come back soon. In other words...they promised not to injure me. Nice of them to say but it's still a risk. We'll see. My husband thinks I'm nuts.
My finger is coming along nicely and I hardly have any pain in it these days. I am a little leary of sparing any time soon but I've had some classmates say they'll spar me less aggressively if I come back soon. In other words...they promised not to injure me. Nice of them to say but it's still a risk. We'll see. My husband thinks I'm nuts.



1 Comments:
Congrats to you and your family (and your finger)!
Post a Comment
<< Home