And The Score Is...Karate 1, M.S. 0
I have been feeling awesome lately! The warmer weather is lessening my pain and I am full of energy. I have been able to almost forget about my M.S.. I say almost because just when you think you're doing great...it comes around and slaps you with a wake up call that says "Hey! I'm still here!"
Not to sound full of myself or anything...because I'm actually pretty humble...but I was rockin' out in karate today! I had the highest jump spinning 360 kick in the class and the instructor asked me to demonstrate it. I haven't kicked that good in about a year. It was effortless. He was holding the bag when I was working on my roundhouse kicks and he was amazed at how hard I was kicking that bag. I told him it was thanks to the weightlifting I've been doing. It's amazing the strength I've gained. Well, my disease reared it's ugly head toward the end of class. I was doing some kicks and my leg just gave out on me and I went crashing to the floor. No big deal...people fall all the time in class. But my instructor and I both knew why I had fallen. He could see my leg give way and that there was nothing I could do about it. I'm trying not to worry about it because it feels fine now but it will be in the back of my mind next class for sure. I'll get over it...I always do!
Not to sound full of myself or anything...because I'm actually pretty humble...but I was rockin' out in karate today! I had the highest jump spinning 360 kick in the class and the instructor asked me to demonstrate it. I haven't kicked that good in about a year. It was effortless. He was holding the bag when I was working on my roundhouse kicks and he was amazed at how hard I was kicking that bag. I told him it was thanks to the weightlifting I've been doing. It's amazing the strength I've gained. Well, my disease reared it's ugly head toward the end of class. I was doing some kicks and my leg just gave out on me and I went crashing to the floor. No big deal...people fall all the time in class. But my instructor and I both knew why I had fallen. He could see my leg give way and that there was nothing I could do about it. I'm trying not to worry about it because it feels fine now but it will be in the back of my mind next class for sure. I'll get over it...I always do!



3 Comments:
Spinning jump kick? Nice. If you can, post a photo of it.
I've seen some studies of people with multiple sclerosis that benefited from supplementing with something called creatine. Have you ever heard of it? Creatine is a naturally occuring compound that is produced by the body, and is also found in meat and fish. As a recreational bodybuilder for over 20 years, I can personally attest to it's effectiveness. In the body, creatine converts into adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is what allows our muscles to contract. Creatine is fairly inexpensive, has been proven safe, and has been thoroughly researched. It's sold at any vitamin/health-food store. Check it out.
John
Creatine is supposed to be great for muscle and strength. You probably should read up on it and ask your doctor; though most doctors don't know much about vitamins or supplements.
Yikes!!! Aren't you afraid of traumatic injury resulting from the sparring?
pb
mscompanion
Post a Comment
<< Home