Drama In The Hood
It can be very eye opening when you finally learn who your neighbors really are.
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, our neighbor's house is pending. For the full info , please view yesterday's rant. I already had a visit with this neighbor scheduled for yesterday so, I pulled myself together before walking over there because I didn't want my jealousy to show. It was a struggle to supress my feeling over this whole thing but I think I did a good job.
She opened the door and I congratulated them on selling their house. She and her husband both told me that there house had not sold. I thought something was up but I didn't press the issue so I made an excuse to cut my visit short and, after a little while I left to go home and investigate this matter.
Sure enough, they lied right to my face! There house had sold and they felt the need to lie about it. I have never shown anything like being jealous or given them any reason to be this way so it is a mystery to me as to why all this secrecy and dishonesty. Did they steal a potential sale from us? Something underhanded must have happened...it's all I can think of.
I still will show no ill will towards my neighbors because if this was to be our sale....it would've been. I'm trying to tell myself that the right buyer is out there and these people are not them. It's tough to put myself in that frame of mind but I will do my best. I'm not sure how I will handle it if my neighbor calls me again. Keep my mouth shut? Act like I don't suspect anything? I'll just have to play it by ear.
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, our neighbor's house is pending. For the full info , please view yesterday's rant. I already had a visit with this neighbor scheduled for yesterday so, I pulled myself together before walking over there because I didn't want my jealousy to show. It was a struggle to supress my feeling over this whole thing but I think I did a good job.
She opened the door and I congratulated them on selling their house. She and her husband both told me that there house had not sold. I thought something was up but I didn't press the issue so I made an excuse to cut my visit short and, after a little while I left to go home and investigate this matter.
Sure enough, they lied right to my face! There house had sold and they felt the need to lie about it. I have never shown anything like being jealous or given them any reason to be this way so it is a mystery to me as to why all this secrecy and dishonesty. Did they steal a potential sale from us? Something underhanded must have happened...it's all I can think of.
I still will show no ill will towards my neighbors because if this was to be our sale....it would've been. I'm trying to tell myself that the right buyer is out there and these people are not them. It's tough to put myself in that frame of mind but I will do my best. I'm not sure how I will handle it if my neighbor calls me again. Keep my mouth shut? Act like I don't suspect anything? I'll just have to play it by ear.



1 Comments:
I respectfully suggest that you should take a step back and relax on this issue. It seems to cause you and your family a lot of stress. I hope the resolution comes soon.
Unfortunately neighborhoods and neighbors are not what they used to be. The era of the Mayberry type of towns with the nice friendly Andy Taylors, Barneys, and Cleaver families are probably very few and far between.
Post a Comment
<< Home