Crazy Pills
I'm sure those of you with an incurable disease like me have many well-meaning relatives who are always looking to either deny what you have, which was the case right after I was diagnosed
with multiple sclerosis, or those who have finally accepted your diagnosis yet still want to believe there is a cure somewhere out there.
I love my family very much but it is better for me not to "go there" emotionally. There are so many crackpots out there with pseuso-"cures" like diets, natural supplements etc., etc.,. I know my family means well and I definitely have an open mind as far as those things are concerned however I don't want to dwell on them or give myself some false sense of hope. I am feeling very good right now and I suppose if my M.S. were at a more advanced stage I might look into these things a bit more seriously. I can honestly say that I have no complaints right now regarding my health. I feel better than I have in years even before I knew I had this disease. If and when the day comes that my health takes a downward turn believe me, I'll be the first one to go to my family and ask for their knowledge in this area.
Most days now I actually forget I have M.S.. Even though I am injecting myself daily and have random symptoms I can truthfully say I don't give my illness much thought. I don't dwell on it or say "why me." If someone had told me right after I was diagnosed that I would be so much at peace with this disease I'd have told them they were taking "crazy pills". Although I think my family probably thinks I'm taking crazy pills because of my positive attitude. Let them think what they want. If this attitude means I'm crazy...so be it. After all, the title of my blog says it all.
with multiple sclerosis, or those who have finally accepted your diagnosis yet still want to believe there is a cure somewhere out there.
I love my family very much but it is better for me not to "go there" emotionally. There are so many crackpots out there with pseuso-"cures" like diets, natural supplements etc., etc.,. I know my family means well and I definitely have an open mind as far as those things are concerned however I don't want to dwell on them or give myself some false sense of hope. I am feeling very good right now and I suppose if my M.S. were at a more advanced stage I might look into these things a bit more seriously. I can honestly say that I have no complaints right now regarding my health. I feel better than I have in years even before I knew I had this disease. If and when the day comes that my health takes a downward turn believe me, I'll be the first one to go to my family and ask for their knowledge in this area.
Most days now I actually forget I have M.S.. Even though I am injecting myself daily and have random symptoms I can truthfully say I don't give my illness much thought. I don't dwell on it or say "why me." If someone had told me right after I was diagnosed that I would be so much at peace with this disease I'd have told them they were taking "crazy pills". Although I think my family probably thinks I'm taking crazy pills because of my positive attitude. Let them think what they want. If this attitude means I'm crazy...so be it. After all, the title of my blog says it all.



5 Comments:
Everyone has a handy, dandy cure for MS. My personal favorite involves the fact that I don't have enough faith to cure myself through Jesus. The next fave has to be the Evening Primrose, which would cost me nearly what the insurance pays for my injections.
True believers need some lessons in common courtesy. Or maybe just some common sense. Don't they know there is an Internet?
BTW. Glad to hear that your therapy is working. Betaseron worked well on me, leaving me in a remission that lasted two years. Copaxone works tolerably well, also. It's been a couple of years since I used Solumedrol, and I chalk it up to my therapy. Hope a full remission is in your cards!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. And I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to family remedies!!
I was on the Betaseron and I also had to many side effects, but since going on the Copaxone things have really been great. Due to my lack of health insurance I am limited but the doctor wants me to go on the daily injections. I will, I'm just leery of needles. LOL
I don't want to go against the flow of advice here, but you never know what can help you unless you try it. If the cost is reasonable, why not? Of course, if it looks like a scam, it probably is; so you have to weigh the benefits against the credibility of the people involved. Good luck to you always.
When I was very little my granny thought drinking carrot juice would be a cure-all to make me walk. LOL I almost turned orange from all the carrot juice she made me drink.
I would love to be able to walk, but God has blessed me in so many ways with technology that helps me get around and people who love and care for me. Some people think I am crazy because of my good attitude. I'm not a superhero, just someone who lives life to the fullest.
Post a Comment
<< Home