I'm What?
Today I heard a sentence that I never thought I'd hear said about me in my entire life. And it came from my own mother.
"Honey, your fat". Say what??? It's true that I've put on a little bit of weight recently but I've been underweight my entire life.
I'm nearly 5'9 and am now at 130.5 lbs. I've gained 20.5 pounds over the last 3 months and I've been trying to gain this weight because I feel better this way. I will agree that a small pot belly came along with the big boobs and the small amount of junk in the trunk but I can suck it in! This is the first time in my life that I haven't been classified as underweight and my BMI (body mass index) finally has me in the healthy range.
I've chosen not to listen to what she said because I think she's just not used to seeing me with a little meat on my bones. Besides, it should be about what makes me feel happy and healthy. I don't want to gain any more weight. I think I'm right where I need to be.
And I feel great!
"Honey, your fat". Say what??? It's true that I've put on a little bit of weight recently but I've been underweight my entire life.
I'm nearly 5'9 and am now at 130.5 lbs. I've gained 20.5 pounds over the last 3 months and I've been trying to gain this weight because I feel better this way. I will agree that a small pot belly came along with the big boobs and the small amount of junk in the trunk but I can suck it in! This is the first time in my life that I haven't been classified as underweight and my BMI (body mass index) finally has me in the healthy range.
I've chosen not to listen to what she said because I think she's just not used to seeing me with a little meat on my bones. Besides, it should be about what makes me feel happy and healthy. I don't want to gain any more weight. I think I'm right where I need to be.
And I feel great!



3 Comments:
At 5'9", 130#, you are definitely not fat. I remember deciding that 138 was a comfortable weight, and that I felt good at it.
Sounds pretty good to me. Course, I would love to be 130# again!
But, having weighed 108 during my teen years (5'7"), I can understand your concern. If it's all muscle, and I'll bet it is, then it must be good and look great.
Just be sure your diet is wholesome and balanced, and you keep up the activity.
I remember my mom (who has always been very thin and obsessed with exercise) telling me that I could lose a little weight back when I was 17. That was the trigger I think which led me to an anorectic spiral. 20 years laters I mentioned this to my mother and she was horrified to think that I felt so strongly about her comment. Just as you said, I bet your mom isn't used to seeing a little more of what i'm sure is an athletic and strong you. Good luck with your knee. Continue listening to your body and you'll be back side kicking away.
You should post some photos along with a poll. Let the readers decide!
Post a Comment
<< Home