I Need A Vacation After My Vacation
I just got back last night from my family vacation to Florida. It was a lot of fun and I'm amazad at how much we did while there.
We went to The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Disney/MGM Studios, and Daytona Beach. I was so proud of my daughter because she rode some bigger rides this time and really enjoyed them instead of being afraid of them like she usually is. She especially loved Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. In all honesty, I loved those too!
I hadn't been to an East Coast beach since I was in my twenty's and Daytona was great! Over the last several years, we've been going to Southern California when we want to go to the beach because it's only a 6 hour drive but I never really had too much fun because the beaches there are cold. The water is too cold to even swim. What's the point? At Daytona Beach the water was around 82 degrees and had about 3 foot waves. In other words...it was perfect. It reminded me of how much I missed the Atlantic.
However, the weather in Orlando could have been better. We had some rain a couple times but it didn't stop us from what we had planned as it came towards the end of the day. The real issue was the oppressive heat. I know this sounds funny coming from someone in Phoenix (it's been around 110 here) but I'm not used to the humidity. It was 95 degrees and humid. I thought I would melt. I'll take the 110 here any day!
All in all I had a good time on the trip and I know the kids loved it. I'm really tired though and I was fighting my M.S. the whole trip. The heat is our arch enemy and there was really no way to avoid it. It's hard to describe to someone what the heat does to us...it's not something you can easily convey to people who don't experience it's effects on the disease. The walking was a huge challenge also. Miles in the heat each day. Sometimes I wasn't sure I'd make it and the only thing that kept me from collapsing was the sheer determination not to because it would scare the kids. By the last hour on the plane ride home yesterday I was sure I was losing it. I couldn't get home fast enough because the fatigue was indescribable. At last we got home and I basically collapsed from exaustion. I'm on the road to recovery though and plan to take it easy the next few days. I think I deserve it and I owe it not just to myself but to my body. My health and my future depend on it.
We went to The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Disney/MGM Studios, and Daytona Beach. I was so proud of my daughter because she rode some bigger rides this time and really enjoyed them instead of being afraid of them like she usually is. She especially loved Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. In all honesty, I loved those too!
I hadn't been to an East Coast beach since I was in my twenty's and Daytona was great! Over the last several years, we've been going to Southern California when we want to go to the beach because it's only a 6 hour drive but I never really had too much fun because the beaches there are cold. The water is too cold to even swim. What's the point? At Daytona Beach the water was around 82 degrees and had about 3 foot waves. In other words...it was perfect. It reminded me of how much I missed the Atlantic.
However, the weather in Orlando could have been better. We had some rain a couple times but it didn't stop us from what we had planned as it came towards the end of the day. The real issue was the oppressive heat. I know this sounds funny coming from someone in Phoenix (it's been around 110 here) but I'm not used to the humidity. It was 95 degrees and humid. I thought I would melt. I'll take the 110 here any day!
All in all I had a good time on the trip and I know the kids loved it. I'm really tired though and I was fighting my M.S. the whole trip. The heat is our arch enemy and there was really no way to avoid it. It's hard to describe to someone what the heat does to us...it's not something you can easily convey to people who don't experience it's effects on the disease. The walking was a huge challenge also. Miles in the heat each day. Sometimes I wasn't sure I'd make it and the only thing that kept me from collapsing was the sheer determination not to because it would scare the kids. By the last hour on the plane ride home yesterday I was sure I was losing it. I couldn't get home fast enough because the fatigue was indescribable. At last we got home and I basically collapsed from exaustion. I'm on the road to recovery though and plan to take it easy the next few days. I think I deserve it and I owe it not just to myself but to my body. My health and my future depend on it.



3 Comments:
I am glad you had a great time. I am also glad to hear that the humidity is really a killer. There are times I go for a walk and it feels like I am treading water. I have been interested in moving out of humid Florida, but was afraid that it is too hot in the West!
Hello Miss Chris, Charles-A here and I'm got to say you've got an aptly named blog.
You are "One Crazy Chick" to venture out in the heat of Florida with the heat. I just wilt in the heat up here in New Jersey.
I hope you can catch my podcast (www.MSBPodcast.com) and subscribe with iTunes.
Your comment was too late to make the next show but you will be mentionned on next Tuesday's episode as will your blog.
I'm impressed! How you managed the Florida heat beats me. I moved out of Texas to Colorado just to get away from the oppressive heat because I could not tolerate it!
You are crazy... heh.
I'm glad you had a blast tho. I couldn't have done it!
Post a Comment
<< Home