One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Catch-22

I went to see my doctor this morning about the bilateral hip pain I've been experiencing lately. After doing a thorough exam which consisted of moving my legs in every conceivable way, she came to a conclusion. To put it in the simplest terms, it's called 'Lack of Karate'.
My hip flexor muscles have apparently weakened significantly due to my stopping karate , thus causing the pain. The catch-22 is that I can't do karate because of my knee pain. Argh! So, it's off to the physical therapy torture chamber for me! I guess the good news is that I'm not falling apart after all. Or am I?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah but thats good right? because after pt makes you better you can go back to karate without pain...maybe?

3:40 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Does that mean my hip pain is from NOT taking Karate? :-p Ahhhh... I am more worried about my other shoulder freezing up. I'm falling apart like a poorly made pie crust.

Glad you are going to PT. That will help a lot!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

mssmith@albertk12.org,

I tried to reply to your comment via e-mail but it got sent back to me. Do you have another e-mail address I can reply to? If not, let me know and I'll post a reply on my blog.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, maybe the pt will help your knee and you'll be able to get back into karate. Stay positive!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a modified karate workout would do you some good, even for your knee pain. Hang in there. (Since I switched over to the beta version of blogger, I found the only way I can leave a comment on non-beta blogger sites is by selecting "Other" and leaving my blog address. It's simple, but it still took me a while to figure it out.)

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you're feeling better soon. Maybe you need to kick someone. :)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter