One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

I Flunked Out Of P.T.

Yes, the title of this post is correct. I flunked out of physical therapy. They discharged me because I haven't gotten any better and they didn't know what else to do. I give them props for not keeping me there week after week just so they could keep charging my insurance.

As I posted not too long ago, I thought my knees were getting somewhat better but I was skeptical of the treatment because it involved cortisone. Well, I was right. That was just a temporary fix to get me some pain relief but had no lasting effects.

The therapist who was working on me thinks my hip pain may be caused by arthritis. Yippee! Just kidding. I'll need to go get x-rays to confirm that. I'm thinking I'll just start on some Glucosamine and Chondroitin first because I've already had so much radiation from x-rays, I'll be glowing soon. Has anyone else used that and if so, have you had good luck with it?

On a side note, I survived my migraine from hell! It'll be interesting next time I go to see my neurologist and mention my concern regarding my migraines and M.S. correlation. He'll probably say something like the usual "I don't know".

So needless to say, karate is still on the back burner. (sigh)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi OCC,

I found your blog through Taekwondomom's.

I recovered from chronic pain after reading a book called 'The Mindbody Prescription' by John Sarno. You might want to give it a read if you're frustrated with PT as I was.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

I'm not sure how much this is going to help, but we used glucosamine with chondroition for several animals at the zoo when I was a keeper. It worked wonders for Otter (who was a New Guinea singing dog) and help a moderate amount for Tibet (camel). A couple of my friends have their animals on it right now (a horse, and a cat) with good results. I figure if its helping them get around better, then it should help us :-)

As I said, I'm not sure you would appriciate the animal examples but I thought I'd let you know what I knew.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm. You won't like this but when I had my looonnnnnngggggg migraine a few weeks ago, it turned out that my eye pupils were not responding to light properly. It wasn't ON tho. So he put me on a five day course of steroids for my migraines! Yup, it worked, but I hate the crash. The crash may be harder than usual since I have anemia.

My dog is on glucosamine with chondroition for hip dysplasia. He had hip surgery when he was 11 months old. I do not know if it is helping but he thinks it's a treat! :-)

I'm sorry PT didn't work. It will be interesting to see if you really have arthritis tho.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got nothing to add about glucosamine, etc...probably the ONLY medications/supplements I HAVEN'T tried! LOL

All I can say about your pain issues is, "Crap and double crap"...doesn't help or ease anything, but I feel better saying it. And, it IS all about how I feel...LOLOL

Linda D. in Seattle

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda D.

I like your style! I've started using a new word when I want to complain about my illness. Craptastic seems to say it best! :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Hi,
I found you through Dave's blog...who you found through Mdmhvonpa's blog. lol Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I also left you a comment in regards to the connection between MS and migraines. I hope that you are doing well. I would love to blogroll you as well. Please let me know. Take care.
Jaime

12:56 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

You didn't flunk out... Sadly, if you don't show measurable progress, the firms stop paying. Its sad because you're bounced out the door.

Your line about glowing in the dark reminded me of a woman I knew who used to received shock therapy that her husband used to say she glowed in the dark...

I'm glad your migraine is receding into the past.

Like I wrote, the causes of my headaches and upset stomach were caused by working for a real ass-hole. I've had no symptoms since I quit working for such semi-simians. :-)

Catch you on the flip side. :-)

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Craptastic?!? I love it...can I take liberty and borrow??? I have a choice descriptive word not fit for most public consumption...I'll change the spelling a bit here to clean it up. "That's fanfuktabulous"...or the lesser version, "That's fantabulous"...just depends on how great it is, which one I use!
Physical therapy is for weenies anyway (unless of course you need it...no hate mail pleeeze), so look at it more like you "graduated".

Linda D. in Seattle

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Craptastic?!? I love it...can I take liberty and borrow??? I have a choice descriptive word not fit for most public consumption...I'll change the spelling a bit here to clean it up. "That's fanfuktabulous"...or the lesser version, "That's fantabulous"...just depends on how great it is, which one I use!
Physical therapy is for weenies anyway (unless of course you need it...no hate mail pleeeze), so look at it more like you "graduated".

Linda D. in Seattle

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the PT wasn't doing much. I've been in a similar situation, where there was improvement, but it ultimately didn't take the pain away (I have a bad knee, and one guy said arthritis, another said another thing, so I'm just waiting until I can't use it at all before I go back to someone). So I know how you feel, but yeah, at least they aren't wasting the insurance benefits. The glucosamine/Chondo combo is worth looking into. I should revisit that myself, as my knee is acting up. (You know how it is, martial arts really can do a job on your joints.) Sorry to hear you can rejoin your karate classes yet, but you know what to do, just do what you can, as far as stretches, basics, etc. just to keep fairly warmed up as much as you are able to, and that way when you are able to return, it won't be quite as painful. Feel better! :-)

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you'll have to take summerPT? Hmmm, Craptastic or Craptacular ...

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Katy,
from Arabia,
and I'm 20 y.o

Hi, Girl and Boy
I've studied English sinse this Spring .
It's very!
I would like like to meet peple and practisice My English with them.

Thanks all!!

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad!


Billiards Blast Extreme
Air Bed
Low Back Pain Relief
Army Airborne
Hot Air Heating System
Car Insurance Minneapolis
Err Human Lewis Technology Thomas
Air Cooled Volkswagen Engine
Winchester Nursing Home
Compare Heating System
Asphalt Paving Jobs
Guardian Angel Mortgage
Air Auto Conditioning Repair
American Banker Mortgage
Div Overlay Tutorial

Thanks all!!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men's Health Cheap tablets!

Very Cheap Viagra, Levitra, Cialis, Lipitor, Propecia!

Buy Cheap Viagra Online

The Lowest Prices Online
Complete PRIVACY
Free Prescription with your Order
FedEx Overnight Shipping



Buy Viagra Online
Buy Levitra Online
Buy Online Propecia
Buy Lipitor Online
Buy Online Viagra
Buy Cialis Online



______

buy viagra now online
Buy Cheap Cialis Online
Buy Cialis Links Online Pharmacy Pills.Info Viagra.Html
3 buy generic online viagra
Buy Buy Cialis Cialis Generic Online Online Propecia Silagra
buy cheapest online place viagra
buy generic viagra online

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tungjatjeta

It's bad girl!

Kak ste?

Car Cheap In Insurance Texas
Maryland Liver Damage Lawyer
Animal Hospital Kingdom Veterinary
Belly Costume Dance
First Time Home Owner Loan
Affiliatw Program Sales
Her Scuba Gear
Insurance Carrier
Company Miami Moving
Wooden Storage Shed
Real Estate Agent Clearlake California
Email Marketing
Admiralty Lawyer
Limousine Taxis
Overseas Adoption
Newark Veterinarian

Do svidanja

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter