One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, September 11, 2006

In Memory of Debra "Debbie" Paris


Friendly and warm, honest and down-to-earth, a can-do person and a top notch professional. These are just a few things Debbie's friends have said about her that can give us just a glimpse into the life of such a special person, wife, coworker and friend.

A native New Yorker, Debbie was a life long resident of Brooklyn. She worked for Sandler O'Neill, an investment firm, on the 104th floor of the World Trade Center building 2 and her life was tragically cut short on September 11, 2001. In an article by Katie Thomas of Newsday, she states that Debbie "wasn't afraid to make a decision or tell you the truth," and that she was a "very smart, very take-charge type of person." It seems as though Debbie could do anything, from managing Mr. Sandler's business affairs to helping out her coworkers as well, even getting an autographed photo of Sting for one of them who asked her. They knew if anyone could find a way to get it, it would be Debbie. She was the heart and soul of the company and, in addition to being Mr. Sandler's right-hand woman, she was also his friend. Sadly, Mr. Sandler also perished in the attack. Upon reading all of the nice things her coworkers and friends have written, it is obvious that she loved her work, and it shows.

In her personal life, Debbie was the loving wife to her husband Jim. She managed his rock band keeping things organized and managing his gigs, as well as helping him with a new album. However, she was much more than that. She was his life, his love, his inspiration and his best friend.

I am only sorry that we all didn't have the privilege of knowing Debbie.

On September 11, 2001, Heaven got a new angel.

52 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute. I'm trying to get mine up today or tomorrow.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Wonderful. This was an amazing idea...it puts a person to the names.

Thanks for checking mine, too! :-)
Ginger

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said...

Nice tribute. You put a lot of thought into it. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by to read about Tara Debek.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

That am furry good Miss Chris! You done a furry good job. Fanks you.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

That was great - I felt like you really let us know who she was.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

That was great - I felt like you really let us know who she was.

2:01 PM  
Blogger earlcapps said...

Thanks for remembering. Excellent write-up!

I have two separate tributes going up on September 10 and 11. One from 2996 snd the other was already in the works.

3:04 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What a wonderful tribute to a very special person. You did a wonderful job. I'm glad I got mine up early.

3:33 PM  
Blogger mississippimud2007 said...

Simply wonderful and well done. You are a great American. Best of wishes to you and your family!

Jeff Davis

5:02 PM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

What a nice tribute. She sounds like an amazing person!

6:15 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

spectacular tribute! Only the Lord knows what we all lost that day.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Auntie Lyn said...

Chris,
What a wonderful tribute to Debbie. She looks like someone I would have loved to call friend. I agree, heaven was blessed with her presence, and earth gave a sigh of loss. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and all those who loved her.
Rest in Peace Debbie,
Blessings,
Auntie Lyn

8:17 PM  
Blogger Steve Smith said...

Great tribute! I put mine up several days ago. I appreciate your reading it!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Zephra said...

I bet she was a great person. Lovely tribute.

9:20 AM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Debbie would be honored, I'm sure. May she never be forgotten. May she be resting at peace and her family find comfort to help them thru the anniversary of her passing.

My tribute is posted at my site

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute! Thank you for honouring Debbie.

Mine's up.

11:17 AM  
Blogger The SUCCESS Coach said...

Your tribute is touching, written from a very personal perspective. It is an effort such as this that makes 2996 most meaningful.

Should you have an opportunity to come for a look...

For Your Success Remembers Thomas Sullivan

2:43 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

in the picture she is on a boat, if its a sailboat, even more reason to like her...

5:24 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

God bless Debra Paris! Thank you for giving life to her name and celebrating her memory.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very personal tribute! Well done!

8:43 PM  
Blogger The Angry American said...

Very nice tribute, I am trying to read as many of them as I can,and it continues to sadden me with every post I read

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute.
We lost so many wonderful souls that day.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you for the lovely tribute. I'm sure Debbie would be honored.
She sounds like a great lady.

This project has done an excellent job of putting a human face on this horrible day. The more memorials I read the more moved I become.

I am commemorating the life of Suzanne Geraty at my site.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful tribute. Mahalo for sharing this with everyone and for stopping by my 9/11 tribute.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Heaven got a lot of new angels that day, and left the rest of us asking "why." It was a beautiful tribute, and I'm sure Debbie is smiling down on you today.

My tribute is up as well.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice tribute. Let us not forget those who died and the families left to live life without them. We shall remember the day the world cried. We shall remember a day that the whole world mourned together. We shall remember September 11th as more than just a number thanks to the 9/11 tribute started by D.Challener Roe.

2:14 PM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

what a great smile.. i love that picture! ,my tribute is up too

3:17 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Beautiful. I keep remembering how many children lost one or both parents that horrible day.

I'll never forget.

Thank you for the tribute.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful celebration of Debbie's life. You did a wonderful job.

I am also a member of 2996, my blog is linked in my name.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn it doesn't let me do that.

Sorry, I am not use to this forum.

My link is...


http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=62776350&blogid=164965097&page=1

3:51 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Beautiful post... Debbie sounds like she was a lot of fun... I love a woman who can work in an investment firm yet also manage a rock band!

Thank you for telling us about her.

My post is up. A tribute to Clarin Shellie Schwartz who also worked in the South Tower.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

An absolutely beautiful tribute. My thoughts and prayers go out to Debbie's family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my tribute to Judson Cavalier. He also worked for Sandler O'Neill. A total of 66 people from the firm died on 9/11. Debbie and Judd may have been friends. I hope they were.

Thank you for sharing Debbie's story. Rest in peace, Debbie!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tribute. Would appreciate anyone that can stopping by and remembering Harry Ramos:

http://www.buygilberthomes.com/?p=128

1:32 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Wonderful job. You've helped us all to know a little bit about Debbie, insuring that her memory will now live on in each of us.

I'm proud to be a part of the 2996 family.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Rayne said...

Beautiful. Reading all of the tributes just keeps bringing home the incredible loss of all of these beautiful souls on that day. My tribute is to Robert J. DeAngelis.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

What a beautiful tribute! May Debbie never be forgotten, nor any other of the victims on that day.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Beautiful tribute, Chris! Thank you.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Kache said...

Such a nice tribute, thanks for sharing it.

Faina's Tribute

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Such a great tribute to Debbie. Let's celebrate her life today.

To you, Debbie..

And Chris, thanks for taking the time to read my tribute to Jakki Young.

Jodi

1:07 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

She sounds like a great person. I have one up today for Scott Davidson.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

She must have been very special. I put mine up today. We will never forget! Jim

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for participating. Debbie would have been so honored vy your beautiful words. You visited the page I had for 5 others and I thank you. God Bless.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thankyou for sharing with us such a beautiful tribute.
Thanks again for stopping by to read my remembrance of Naomi Leah Solomon.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

She sounds like a strong and determined woman, and a great friend.

Thanks for stopping by to help remember Anna Williams Allison.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Thanks for this wonderful tribute!
May her memory always be a blessing!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Thanks for such a wonderful tribute.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Kelly Thatcher said...

Chris,

You've humbled me. I, too, am blessed to be a part of this project. Thank you for reading my tribute to Roland Pacheco.

As for Debbie -- I'd LOVE to have met her...as it is, I think in a way I have!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

We indeed lost so much on that day.

I'm glad that I'm the 52 tribute to your comments of what happened on that day.

I lost a friend there on the 83rd floor of tower 2.

If I hadn't stayed home, I'd be gone too.

Having a cane or not wouldn't have made any difference that day.

The second high-jacked plane struck the very floor I was on; the 83rd.

There are many things I will always remember about him.

Geeky things that nobody would want to be remembered by, (somebody has to admister the ol' work-horse Vax-es, after all,) but they are my memories of him none-the-less.

Today, I am sad and perplexed at the same time.

If I had followed my usual patterns, I would have been there with him.

Instead, he's gone and I'm not.

Life's, uh, funny that way.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I had a friend like Debbie. What a wonderful tribute you wrote about her. Thanks so much for sharing about the life of a wonderful woman. I pray for her family...I can only imagine the pain.

8:26 PM  
Blogger benning said...

She sounds like a good friend, and a loving, dedicated wife. A busy woman, indeed! She will be missed.

Thank you for this tribute, Miss Chris. You've left us with her smile.

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having written my own tribute, my mission now is to meet the other victims. Beautiful job on your commemoration.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow- i was just doing a google and this site came up- but the really odd thing was link to a myspace blog came up with it-- so i clicked on it- and it was my own daughters page?!!

if that makes any sense!

kelli was killed when she was 18 *tears*

here's kelli if anyone wants to visit
www.myspace.com/kelli_laine_doa

have an amazing day
~kelli's mom

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter