One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

That's My Girl!


I'm going to brag just a little bit today because I'm so proud of my daughter.

She was in her first karate tournament this morning and did great! I definitely had a case of nerves but managed to hide it well. She, on the other hand is the kind of person that never gets nervous about anything. How'd she get so lucky?

She had to compete in the Black Belt level of the tournament because these two tournaments (there's one in November also) count towards her Black Belt Exam. The students need to participate but it's not necessary for them to win.

She did a weapons form (Kama Kata) and placed 2nd in her division. She sparred and got 3rd. I couldn't have been more proud, but the best thing was that she had a great time doing it.

Now that she has this tournament under her belt, she's already looking forward to the next one.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know NOTHING of that sport but I do know when to be happy! :-)

Congratulations on the wonderful performances by your daughter!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who shows up to compete is already a winner. And like you said, a big plus is that your daughter enjoyed her first tournament. Way to go!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...You are way more brave than I am. I just couldn't go...or wait, maybe I could go, but I dunno if I could watch? lol

Yeah, I'm a wimp!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Beginner said...

Way to go!

I'm so envious of her ability to not get nervous. Wish I could do that. The best I can do is not look nervous - so other people think that I'm like your daughter, but I'm falling over inside.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Brittney said...

Congrats to you both! I remember my first tournament, and I was so NERVOUS. More nervous about competing in forms, then in sparring.

From the sounds of it she did a great job and had fun. Tournaments can be slightly addicting, so I can understand why she is looking forward to the next one.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

perpetual beginner,
I'm envious of her too. I definitely wasn't that way as a child. It sure makes life easier to be that way!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember baton tournaments. *blush* But I was proud! Heh.

Baton. Sheesh.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOT DIGGIDY! I hope I don't run into your little bundle of but-kicking any time soon.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! No need to worry about your safety in old age with that girl around...unless of course, she gets to choose your nursing home! LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

7:09 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

I'm getting a contact high of parental pride off of you. :-)

BTW, I'm getting a new kitty tomorrow. (Its a she cat. :-)

P.S. I've just uploaded a new podcast episode at MSBPodcast.com, "msb-0073 Grath."

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John has it right in my mind: anybody who show up to compet is already a winner. Hearty congrats to her.

And to you too, for supplying motherly encouragements. I'm sure she appreciated them. If you have any access to a camcorder, or even a simple digital camera that can record video clips, I'd recommend you to try to get her next competition on video. These will make amazing souvenirs for the future...

Take care, Steve.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Congrats to your daughter!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter!

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for her!!! it is quite nerve wracking performing in front of judges..you must be very proud!!

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! Clear a room for trophies. I'm sure there will be more that follow.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter