One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Ouch!

About a week ago I noticed I was getting a pain in my left heel. It started as merely an annoyance, after all I'm used to pain and it has to be pretty bad for me to give it more than a minutes thought, but as the days went on it became more painful. By the time this past Tuesday rolled around I could barely walk on it. I had a routine doctor's appointment already scheduled with my primary care doctor so I mentioned it when I went to see her the next day. Although I think the fact that I was hobbling around was a dead give-away to her that something else was up. She suggested an x-ray. I was against it because I was sure there was nothing wrong because I hadn't hurt it in any way. But I went and had the x-ray anyway. The diagnosis...

A bone spur and...arthritic changes in my achilles area. Hmmm...I definitely wasn't expecting that. I did some research on bone spurs over the weekend and am relieved to hear that they aren't a big deal. The arthritic changes present the mose interest as this is probably what's causing the spur and therefore the pain. Do I really need this right now? Don't I have enough health issues to deal with? I'm seeing a podiatrist this afternoon and hopefully he'll tell me it'll go away on its own and that I'm not really falling apart after all.

And to top it all off, I'm in the throws of a terrible cold. I barely made it out of my jammies this weekend. I actually only had street clothes on for a few hours Saturday but I spent the rest of the weekend blowing my nose in misery on the sofa. 2 boxes of tissues later and I'm still blowing strong.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the bone spur and arthritis! It's not easy getting older, is it? (And you and I are the same age. I choose to semi-ignore it. ;-)) And I know what you are going through with that cold. Man, I've kinda had it like that too for the last two weeks. It's getting better, but SO SLOWLY. Bleeh. I'm always amazed at how much snot the human body produces, aren't you? ;-) Feel better!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know... I like to think there is no way in hell I will ever get Cancer or Diabetes because I already have MS to deal with, and isn't that enough??? I imagine we should be crossed off the list for any other conditions, but apparently it doesn't work that way. Hope your heel heals (HA!) and you feel better soon.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

Ouch! Bone spurs hurt, but you can pad around/get custom orthotics so walking isn't as uncomfortable. I have plantar faciitis in both feet from running and orthotics are a great investment. I barley have any trouble with heel pain anymore. Good luck at the podatrist.

Brit

4:19 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Windsornot,
I did a little research and it seems the average person produces between one and two PINTS of snot per day! I must be making gallons!

9:51 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Hmmm...you KNOW life sucks when you are calculating the VOLUME of your snot!!! LOL

I believe you may have caught a "computer virus" from ol' MDMHVONPA...the only possible rationale! Get WELLER soon...

Linda D. in Seattle

3:14 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hey Linda D,
I'm trying to keep my nasty germs to myself. Hope you can steer clear of whatever bugs are floating around out there.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh great! just what you need. I've never had a bone spur, but it sounds painful.
I hope the cold heals fast-don't you wonder where all the snot comes from? I mean, it just keeps on flowing...I always wonder if I actually AM blowing my brains out.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Ohhh! So that's what happened to me, I blew my brains out with my snot!

I hope I really don't talk that way in "real life" but I think I do since losing half of my brain cells.

Hmmmm. Arthritis. I thought one disease was enough but we're certainly making a collection among ourselves!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter