One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's Back To The Real World

Well, I made it back from vacation and all in one piece. We had such a great time I'm having a hard time adjusting to reality again.

We arrived in San Juan, Puerto Rico on our first stop on the cruise. We got there in the early evening so we didn't have much time for exploring before it got dark. There wasn't too much to do there but it was interesting to see it.

The next port was on the island of St. Martin. This island is half Dutch and half French. It was beautiful there as are all the islands unless you stray off the touristy places because there is a lot of poverty. We did a tour of the whole island and ended up on Orient Beach on the French side. The beaches there are clothing optional and needless to say, all the people who were walking around topless (and in the case of the men, bottomless too) should have put some clothes on. They were all older and wrinkly...all over, if you know what I mean. We arrived at the beach without enough time to go parasailing. It looked like so much fun though. Our cruise line had parasailing tours you could sign up for but they filled up so fast, we didn't get one. Oh well.

The next port was St. Thomas and I think it was probably the prettiest island. We went snorkling at Sapphire Beach and the water was incredibly clear. I had an up close and personal encounter with a barracuda but I guess he wasn't hungry right then, thank goodness. There are tons of fish there so the snorkling was great. We tried again to go parasailing but they had a problem with one of the boats so we were shut out again. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I wasn't really that disappointed because there was so much else to do.

We arrived back in Miami on Sunday morning and went and hung out at South Beach before going to the airport. I can't wait to take another cruise. This was our second (both on Carnival Cruise Line) and they are just so much fun. There are tons of activities on the ship and I think we drank more in one week than we usually do in a year! The above picture is of me and my husband in St. Thomas. It isn't one of my better pictures though because the wind was blowing my hair into a rats nest but I said I'd post a pic so...there you go.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for that 'Big Butt' in your pic as ascribed by your Mom and I'm not seeing anything but a model caliber rump-roast.

Sorry you missed your paralyzing parasailing opportunity, maybe next time, no?

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you have trouble self-injecting.

There isn't an inch to pinch.

I'm glad you had a great time.

I prefered going to Cancun myself and taking walking tours of the Mayan ruins. I used to crawl all over Tulum, Xelha and Chichen-Itza. I loved it there. That and Isla De Muheres. That when I fund out how absolutely fabulous baracuda taste.

My wife has a friend who hails from Nevis (when she was a little girl) and St. Kitts (after) who just got back from there. She said the weather was warm, the rum drinks were tall and frosty and the nights were X-rated hot. (She wouldn't give us details though :-)

And here in Joyzee, its getting friggin' c-c-co-old.

Winter has finally a-rived.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...I was wondering who that MAN was in that picture with you...NOT!!! Sounds like you had a fantabulous time, which I'm sure was well-deserved!

BTW...how come Mondovapova can post a comment HERE but can't POST on his own blog for a week? Just wondering...

Linda D in Seattle

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone here.

I see a cute girl with a lucky guy...

Glad you had fun! As rule of thumb, I guess you have to be wrinkled to go topless or bottomless.

Then, you just don't care. :-)

be well

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chris,
I'm a newcomer to your blog. I posted a bit about myself under "First impressions..." I am looking forward to reading more about your approach to martial arts.
Amitié,
Myrika

11:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Thanks MDMHVONPA, Charles, and Matt for the comments about my photo. I'll try not to let it go to my head...lol
Hi Linda! I told my husband to pose for this pic so I could post it. I'm not sure if he was thrilled about that or not. Oh well...
Myrika: Thanks for the comments on "First Impressions". I'll bet you thought you were the only one of your kind out there till you read my blog. lol

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe Chris! No no! Not one-of-a-kind, but one-of-a-few though!! ;o)
BTW, I am checking out for a trip to go down south in February... with a thermometer of minus 36 Farhenheit today in Quebec City, I bet lotsa people decided to do the same! ;o)
Amitié,
Myrika!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful Miss Chris,

be very, very leery of these "bon vivant Québecers.:-)

Its starts off with a posting on your blog and then, next thing you know, it's an evening out to "Les Ancients Canadiens to enjoy real duck made the real, old fashioned way!

She's just setting you up to a match and she's looking to fatten you up before giving you a real ass-whupping at an exhibition match. :-)

There's nothing like watching the canoe race from Lévis to Québec across the St Laurent river, with a bottle of Caribou to nip on.(Hic!)

I just love Québec.

La Ripaille is another great place to eat there too.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, miss chris! I'm glad to see you had such a great time.

I've never been on a cruise, or down in the tropics (except FL as a young kid). As a definite water-hound I have to say I'm envious - the ocean looks wonderful.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Héhé Charles,
I am a completely inoffensive Québecer! No worry!! ;o)
And the winter canoe race is indeed one of the most impressive demonstrations of sportsmanship I've ever witnessed... I never the miss the race!!
Another impressive feat will be held in Quebec City for the second year this winter: the Red Bull Crashed Ice skating race... http://www.redbullcrashedice.ca/ Will be there too!!
Amitié,
Myrika!!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can see last year's race at:

http://www.redbullcrashedice.ca/fr/video.htm

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. As someone who was forced to go to the nude beach by my wife - I share the same level of mental scars.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...this is the third time I am trying to post this...so hopefully it will work. :)

Hey you! It's good to have you back. I'm glad you guys had fun. It is absolutely beautiful there...something I will have to do one day! I am SO glad you were not eaten by a baracuda, lol, we would be so sad without you here in the blogging world.

Take care,
Jaime

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't one of your best pics!?! My goodness! You look like you're about 16 years old. What a fabulous picture and it sounds like you had a great time!

Dear Miss Chris' Mom:

Your daughter so does NOT have a big butt.

Sincerely,
BBM

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What what what??

be wary of quebecers??

the worst thing you'll catch with us is a smile.

:-)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the others, I'm looking for the missing "Big Butt" but it is missing. Did the barracuda take care of it? :-) You look GREAT, and happy!!!! Love the picture! Love the vacation idea!

Is it humid there? I'd like to go one day.

You look so relaxed! Glad you were able to have a wonderful time! You were missed!

You will have to give me your Copaxone injection tips, where the heck do you put it? I'm going on Copaxone in a couple of months (have to wait until they fix my thyroid gland) but where do all those shots go???

Welcome back, Miss Chris!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Great photo- I'm jealous- I wish i looked that good in a bikini!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter