I'm Still Alive!

Hi everybody! I know I had some of you worried but all is well with me. I've been missing from the blogosphere all week but I don't really have an excuse. Lets just call it "lack of anything interesting to say".
In a way, I guess that's good, right? Just the same old same old here. I'm still cold but I'm soooo excited... I bought a space heater today at Costco! I know my friend over at "Wordsalads" is probably laughing at me right now but at least I'm warm. I would turn into a popsicle over at her place, I'm afraid. I can barely turn my head today as my neck is so stiff so I'm looking forward to curling up next to it this evening and hopefully, my muscle pains will go away.
My friend over at "Braincheese" was wondering about me too this week. I wish I had a more interesting bone to throw you but, this is pretty much it. Maybe something interesting will happen this week? Only if it's good though...I'll take boring over bad any day :)
Oh! I just thought of something of note that happened to me this week. My neurologist bailed on me. He was pretty much useless anyway but he's the second one to up and leave with no notice. Now I'm on a quest to find a new one...hopefully a competent one. Do they exist?
And one more thing. I had to give up on Tai Chi. My knees just couldn't take it but at least it's not the MS that's the problem. How many times can we actually say that?! I have been in the process of another endeavor and have been working on it for the past 3 months. It's not physical but definitely a challenge. I'll leave you hanging with that but I'll post more about it later this week.



8 Comments:
She lives and breathes!!!!! Amen!
Leaving me hanging on your new "endeavor" is a bit snotty, though...I'm already laying awake nights from the roids...now I have THIS to ponder too???
LOL
Linda D. in Seattle
Zen Meditation? Stamp collecting? Bicycling? Those are my three guesses!
What is it with neurologists, the way they up and leave?
You have my empathy and sympathy. Been there. There will be others, but you will probably have to dig a bit.
Best wishes. I'm praying you find a gem.
Now I can't get warm. Did I jinx myself?
Oh, there's always something interesting to say! Even if it's what you had for breakfast you're crazy enough to make it funny! :-P
What's with these Neuros anyway? But have heart- sometimes a change is a good one, so let's hope your next Neuro is most excellent!
Really sorry about your knee. Had a brief chuckle at it not being MS-related. So sorry you had to give it up. :-(
"I had to give up on Tai Chi."
NOoooooooo....
'billions of TC practitioners all crying out in terror at once'
I think there is something to MS and the extreme cold and hot weather...then again, I suppose that would depend on what you consider extreme. I used to live in Salt Lake and thought that was really cold...now I live in Washington and as my MS has progressed it seems as if I just can't handle the cold here either. Logically I know it is colder in SLC than it is here but my body was able to handle it there...strange how that happens. Same thing has happened to me with the heat. Damn MS anyway.
I hope that you can get some warmth with that heater and that you nothing too eventful happens. Take care of yourself.
I do my Tai Chi sitting down during at least part of the session.
What's wrong with the instructor? Didn't s/he tell you that you can do that?
As for your neurologist bailing on you. Its probably good riddance. I was not impressed with your posts regarding him.
I'm glad to see that things are going pretty well for you. I have been missing in action too...just been busy and the ever faithful, tired. I'm trying to remember my blessings though. I get so cold too...what is that about, anyway? I walk around my house freezing and everyone tells me that it's just me. Hmmm....I think I need to get me one of those space heaters! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home