One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, November 06, 2006

It's Still A Mystery



My husband finally had his apointment with the neurologist this morning. Before he went, I had him make a list of his physical complaints because I've learned the hard way, by forgetting to mention important things and having to go back.

His complaints consisted of numbness and tingling all up and down his left side from his legs to his face, muscle twitching in his legs, a vibrating feeling in his leg, headaches, and the list went on, I just can't remember it all right now. It was definitely a list of mysterious symptoms.

The doctor did a quick exam (and I mean quick) and said something like "If it will make you feel better I'll send you for an MRI." and something like "It's just aging". Huh? Since when are these normal symptoms of aging in an otherwise healthy 40 year old man?

Long story short, he's going to have an MRI hopefully in the next few days to rule out any number of issues. If it doesn't show any abnormality then I guess he'll just have to get used to living with the discomfort and it will truly remain a mystery.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Miss Chris,

if they're indefinite about the diagnosis, that just means they don't know what they're about.

I'm glad he's going for the MRI. Its the most definitive test he can get and still keep his skin intact. (I hate getting punctured. Rebif is a major P.I.T.A. for me.)

My thoughts are with you.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, have you heard a peep from MDMHvonPA?

7:19 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

No, and I've been wondering about him. Hope everything's okay.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone should experience at least ONE MRI in their lifetime (of course the 15 I've had IS a bit much! LOL)...at least then you'll "know" something one way or the other. Good luck to the Hubby on this and to you and your daughter...

Linda D. in Seattle

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off I must say that I LOVED your comic...put a smile on my face. Secondly, I really hope that everything is okay with your husbands. And, I especially hope it is nothing serious. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Miss Chirs...I must apologize as I said "I hope everything is okay with your husbands" lol. That is what I get for reading blogs this late at night when I can't sleep....or maybe it's just all that time I lived in Utah! haha

3:47 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hey Linda D:

Your post was so funny...not that the plumbing issue is funny (I would've had a hissy fit), but you just have such a way with words! Hope it gets fixed without you having to bend over and take it up the a**.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Chris, when is the MRI?

I hate MRI's and am so happy I can never have one again unless I have surgery. Uhhh, maybe I shouldn't have said that!!!!

I'd rather take Betaseron. I finally learned to inject myself with NO PAIN! (take that, Charles Rovira! Heh)

Where is the mystery mann with all the mdvonpa letters that confound me?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Just got word that the MRI is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov. 8th. I think we'll get the results on Monday at my husband's doctor's appt.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'mmmmm baaaaack ... now give me some sugar baby! ;P

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...Miss Chris, as you pointed out, normal aging doesn't cause what you are describing.

Wishing you well....and check out some of the links for Chiari Malformation on my site. Sounds alot like that to me.

Wishing you well....

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris...we can root each other on with MRI's tomorrow!

Little Luv is getting his tomorrow as well. Ughh....the Merry Go Round never seems to stop to let us off.

Wishing you both the best!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

My doctor looked at my arm with the torn bicep and said it was probably nothing but referred me to a doctor who is too busy to see anyone for at least four months. Life goes on, though it would be nice if the doctors had some answers.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter