The MRI Was A-okay
My husband's MRI came back completely normal. Whew...what a relief. He also had some nerve conduction testing done at his follow-up visit with the neurologist and those were also normal. So even with that good news, it leaves us right back at square one.
We talked about it after he got home from the doctor and decided he should still seek some kind of answer regarding his symptoms. He was thinking of trying a chiropractor in that that maybe this is all related to a disc in his spine or something being out of alignment in that area. I guess it can't hurt, right?
Still though, could that really cause some of the more troubling things like the numbness (novocaine) like feeling in his face or the muscle twitching? I guess we'll just have to wait and see but it's nice to know that we aren't dealing with something serious. I mean, one of us in the family is enough!
We talked about it after he got home from the doctor and decided he should still seek some kind of answer regarding his symptoms. He was thinking of trying a chiropractor in that that maybe this is all related to a disc in his spine or something being out of alignment in that area. I guess it can't hurt, right?
Still though, could that really cause some of the more troubling things like the numbness (novocaine) like feeling in his face or the muscle twitching? I guess we'll just have to wait and see but it's nice to know that we aren't dealing with something serious. I mean, one of us in the family is enough!



8 Comments:
I am SO glad to hear that the hubby is in the clear! I do hope you get to the bottom of why he is having those symptoms but oh so relieved it is nothing serious! Take care.
I'm glad for you! That is good news. Perhaps examine what is causing stress in his life. As I've said before, physical symptoms can often be a distraction from suppressed emotions.
Best,
LC
Glad to hear your husband's MRI came out okay. I know its frustrating when you don't know a cause of something, but trying a chiropractor sounds like a good idea. As you said, it can't hurt.
Brittney
Glad hubby's MRI came back normal. Keep us all updated, and keep an eye on HIM.
Hmmm...he bears keeping the snake eye upon him! In other words, hubby needs to be "watched"! LOL
Glad the MRI showed nothing in particular, but it IS important for him to continue to pay attention to his symptoms/body...my MRI in 1998 was negative, too...nothing...nada...and look what a lovely MS flower I have blossomed into??? I'm just sayin'...keep the snake eye on him! LOL
Linda D. in Seattle
Linda: I'll be watching like a hawk! By the way...maybe a little Twisted Sister for your song mantra? I'm thinking along the lines of "We're Not Gonna Take It". I'm a child of the 80's (high school) what can I say...
Great! I'm relieved at that a whole raft of problems have been eliminated.
(Luckily having a normal MRI doesn't mean, uh, being normal :-)
Now, you can look in other directions.
Soooo ... sympathy symptoms then ... most intriguing! Completely normal, eh? And who is this doctor to say that us MS folk are not the normal ones! Now excuse me while I cover my body in slices of american cheese.
Post a Comment
<< Home