One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Do I Look Fat In This?

She did it again. My mom told me I have a fat butt. Okay, she didn't really utter those exact words but the meaning was implied. And the reason I know this is because she did tell me I had a fat butt a couple months ago. Thanks mom.

Now as I posted some time ago, I'll admit that I've gained some weight, but I'm tall and can definitely afford it. I've always been the tall thin girl with no curves to speak of. Now I have curves and I'm proud of them! Is that so wrong? After all, I'm just a hair shy of 5'9" and now tip the scales as a whopping 135 pounds. Still seems thin to me...I guess she's just not used to it yet.
Unfortunately some of the weight did settle around my middle too but I just have to remember to suck it in when I go over to see her or she'll let out an audible gasp like she did the other day. That was the gasp that was followed by the words "Oh, honey!" as she looked at me.

Now come on! I'm not fat. Not even close. People still refer to me as skinny. Why is it that our mother's words can still make us feel like children even as we approach the age of 40? When I was a kid and a teenager I used to think I could do whatever I wanted when I grew up and it wouldn't matter what my mom thought. Boy was I wrong! I care just as much or more now than I ever did. It doesn't have any influence to speak of as to how I handle my life or anything like that but it still matters. When I got my belly button pierced last year I hid it from her for a year until I accidentally ripped the sucker out while showering ( a story for another time but needless to say "Ouch"!) My husband can't figure out why I'm still afraid of my mother. Maybe it's just a mother-daughter thing that men can't understand.

Anyhow, this still-skinny chick loves her new bod and will do her best to politely ignore her mother and will try her best not to be that way with her own daughter.

20 Comments:

Blogger Miss Chris said...

This is only a test. I can't coment on a bunch of your blogs so I'm checking to see if I can comment on my own.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMIGOSH! I think Mom needs a reality check. Like you, I'm a tall girl-- 5'10" (just an inch taller) and I'm about 90 lbs more than you! Granted, I am overweight, but 135 as overweight? If anything, that might be considered underweight by some standards! I could only wish to be about 60 lbs less, at least. So, my mom IS right when she talks about how heavy I've gotten, but at the same time, while she's shorter, proportionately, she's still heavier than me, especially when she was the same age as me, and she doesn't have some of the same health issues I've had either. While they mean well, sometimes it would help if moms just laid off, huh?

7:48 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Heya, Miss Chris...

Tell your Mamma one of your best blogging buddies is fat as a Northwest Orca whale...oh yeah, and HER mother is deceased!

Or...don't tell her that, too...LOL

You are "Beautious", Sista (skinny as a rail, but beautious)

Linda D. in Seattle

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your momma that you're a "mere slip of a gel" and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your butt.

Tell her it makes you a more, uh, rounded person, it increases your desirability (men don't like women with skinny asses,) and it makes it easier to sit down, (who wants to rest on a skinny butt? Its uncomfortable.[I know. My butt is getting skinny since I hit 45, and I'm a man!] :-)

I think your mother should be glad she has such a pretty (you have a lovely smile,) and intelligent daughter.

So there!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about posting a photo of the subject?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Aww...such nice comments, you guys! And yes, I am considering posting a picture of my whole self. G-Rated, of course. :)

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a nice mother you have :-) From the sounds of it, she's mistaken. I don't see how you can 'fat' at 135 pounds, and 5'9. I'm 5'9, 153 pounds, and my mother thinks I'm too skinny (really, she swears I'm anorexic).

Using that as evidence, you don't look fat in that. :-) You look perfect. Even if I can't see you from here!

Brittney

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a nice mother you have :-) From the sounds of it, she's mistaken. I don't see how you can 'fat' at 135 pounds, and 5'9. I'm 5'9, 153 pounds, and my mother thinks I'm too skinny (really, she swears I'm anorexic).

Using that as evidence, you don't look fat in that. :-) You look perfect. Even if I can't see you from here!

Brittney

5:51 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Beginner said...

How about I take over as the daughter for a month? I'm 5'8", and 200 lbs even, but even my doctor allows as how I'm in good shape, and mostly just really solid (she'd better, I beat her butt about twice a week!).

My best fighting weight is about 165 - even 155 is noticeably too skinny for me.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: You are not fat if there is no part of you body hidden by other parts of your body that have no natural function. So, if you cannot loose your car keys, watches, steak dinner or small children with crevasses of your fat-folds, you are ok.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: You are not fat if there is no part of you body hidden by other parts of your body that have no natural function. So, if you cannot loose your car keys, watches, steak dinner or small children with crevasses of your fat-folds, you are ok.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: You are not fat if there is no part of you body hidden by other parts of your body that have no natural function. So, if you cannot loose your car keys, watches, steak dinner or small children with crevasses of your fat-folds, you are ok.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...think MondovaPova got his message across THREE times?!?

But, he IS right...

Linda D. in Seattle

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5'9"-135
So NOT fat.
I am the same height and only weigh slightly less than you do and that's thanks to a high metabolism currently left over from nursing. That's my usual weight.

You know what's equally bad? Being told all the time, "You're so skinny-You're TOO skinny. Are you sick?" Seriously. I get that all the time. I'm like "No, I just do karate and have two kids who are non-stop!"

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry 'bout the echo ... blogger was being a class A b*tch yesterday ... and I'm a stubborn sob so we fought it out.

And you know what ... I'm 6'0" and 199lb ... I look fantastic in a strapless so I'll wager you do to!

;)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Black Belt Mama,

Oh ,do I hear you on that one!!! What makes people think that's okay to say to someone? I got that all through high school.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA,
Don't worry about the echo. Blogger is a real B**ch sometimes. And I've got a mental picture going of you in the strapless...I hope we aren't talking high heels too...?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda,

Glad you're back on the blog! :)

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be classy and say a lady doesn't post her weight online(*snicker*) but I think I'm 5'7 or 5'8. I thought I was 5'9 tho but found out I was sooooo wrong.

Nope, not fat but I have my curves in the right places (thank you God) and don't need to go on Dr. 90210 just yet. Everything seems to be holding up just fine. I guess things eventually head south?

So your mom thinks your butt is big. I think your mom's brain is small. No offense.

Sheesh. I love men of all body types and I assume men love women of all types.

You kick butt, Miss Chris. And let's do the bootah dance outta here....!!! Like my PT says, shake it so you don't lose it. Mobility is key!

:p on Mom today.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

If you are fat, I'm a nig fat jumbo!!! As long as you feel good about your new found curves, it's ok!! It's your body, nobody else!!
I'm 40 pounds heavy than you, with half a foot smaller!! I don't consider myself over weight, just got a few pounds too loose(I have big hips and a big bones structure)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter