Back To School
I can't believe another summer is done and gone already. I know it's only the beginning of August but with school starting Monday and my stepson going back to Missouri tomorrow it's back to the daily grind which by the way, isn't so bad.
Lets start with my stepson, he'll be 14 this November. I've written a bit about him in the past but I just have to say how impressed I am with this kid and what fun he is to be around. We had our issues in the past and that made things hard. The issues were not just with him and me but it made things stressful. Well let me tell you what...we had such a great time this summer! He is maturing into such a great kid and has such a fun personality, we are really good friends now. We like to hang out and watch horror movies and we message each other on Myspace (even though we're in the same house...go figure) but it's fun. Life has really agreed with him since he moved in with his mom and I'm so happy about that. It helps that I don't have to be "the parent" to him now since I don't have the whole school, homework, clean your room etc. stuff that used to be so hard. Now that's all his mom's department. Hah!
As far as my daughter's concerned, Monday can't come fast enough. She loves school and would go every day if she could. I don't know where she gets that from because I most definitely was not that way. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but she's taken up a new sport. Ice skating! She loves it and is doing very well and the best part is that it's only once a week. I try to get her there one more day for practice but it's still far less time consuming than karate was. Thank goodness.
As for me, it'll be back to the alarm clock. No more sleeping in every morning! I'll miss that the most.
Lets start with my stepson, he'll be 14 this November. I've written a bit about him in the past but I just have to say how impressed I am with this kid and what fun he is to be around. We had our issues in the past and that made things hard. The issues were not just with him and me but it made things stressful. Well let me tell you what...we had such a great time this summer! He is maturing into such a great kid and has such a fun personality, we are really good friends now. We like to hang out and watch horror movies and we message each other on Myspace (even though we're in the same house...go figure) but it's fun. Life has really agreed with him since he moved in with his mom and I'm so happy about that. It helps that I don't have to be "the parent" to him now since I don't have the whole school, homework, clean your room etc. stuff that used to be so hard. Now that's all his mom's department. Hah!
As far as my daughter's concerned, Monday can't come fast enough. She loves school and would go every day if she could. I don't know where she gets that from because I most definitely was not that way. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but she's taken up a new sport. Ice skating! She loves it and is doing very well and the best part is that it's only once a week. I try to get her there one more day for practice but it's still far less time consuming than karate was. Thank goodness.
As for me, it'll be back to the alarm clock. No more sleeping in every morning! I'll miss that the most.



5 Comments:
It's sad when parents have to return to school WITH their kids! LOL
Glad to hear things are going OK with the S-S...that must make for a more peaceful home.
Linda D. in Seattle
school already? how can this be?
Merelyme: We start school really early around here. The kids get out for the summer the last week in May. It's basically a modified year-round schedule. There are lots of schools here that go year yound. Our kids get a week off in October for "Fall Break".
Sounds like you will have a very busy Fall.:) Where did your daughter's interest in ice skating come from?
Silverstar: Ice skating was something she'd always wanted to do but karate took up so much of our time. It's nice to see her get the chance to try something new.
Post a Comment
<< Home