One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Magic Mountain


I'm back from the family vacation and it was way more fun than I thought it would be. We left for Los Angeles last Monday morning and got there in the afternoon. It was so great to get out of this heat! Not that it was cool there but it was usually somewhere in the mid 80's and tons of sunshine. It cooled down into the 70's in the evening and it was wonderful. You kind of forget what that's like around here.

We went to Magic Mountain Tuesday and Wednesday. We got there Tuesday morning about a half hour before the park opened and waited at the gate with a couple thousand other people. An employee came up to my daughter and asked if she's like to "open the park!" Since we had 4 kids they all got to do it, so they ushered us into the park before anyone else and put the kids up on stage to do the "count down" with all the cartoon characters (Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Porky Pig, etc.) That was so cool. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Having been to Disneyland several times (as an adult) with my kids, I think we all liked Magic Mountain (Six Flags) better. Disneyland is better for the real little ones but if you want rides this was the place to be! They have about 10 big roller coasters and tons of other rides. Of course my stepson rode all the huge rides but my 9 year old ventured onto some bigger rides. She screams bloody murder on them and swears she'll never get on there again but, after about an hour she's ready to go again.

With my bad neck I was actually able to ride quite a few rides and even a few roller coasters. I probably shouldn't have done it because I was sore for a couple days but it was too much fun to pass up.

5 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

What's up with you and the daughter getting "noticed" all the time? First it was modeling and now it's Magic Mountain! I think that Arizona sun must have some beauty rays in it!...

Linda D. in Seattle

12:40 AM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Glad you had a good time!
I LOVE roller coasters..if only I could convince my fiancé to feel the same way..:)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Awesome. :-)

My neck would be sore too...

But I used to just love coasters.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

oooh sounds like so much fun! i have never been there myself.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Sounds great!!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter