One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Tired. What Gives?

Summer vacation is here even though it seems like summer has been here for several weeks now. We've had rather comfortable weather the last couple days, more "spring-like" than usual. It was only 91 yesterday, and that's more like our spring. I'm sure it won't last but it's nice even for a day or two. Now that our air conditioning has been fixed the heat isn't such a big deal.

My daughter's last day of school is tomorrow. I can't believe she'll be starting 5th grade in August. How does the time pass so quickly? I can't tell you how glad I am that I'll get to sleep a bit later now. I get up at 5:30 on weekdays during the school year because I need some time to myself before my daughter gets up. By sleeping a bit later, I mean that I'll sleep until about 6:30 or 7:00.

I haven't been sleeping well the last two nights. Something weird is happening and I'm not sure what it is. Am I awake when this happens? Am I asleep? Am I having a dream? A nightmare? It first happened Tuesday night. I'm not sure if I was asleep or not but I "woke up" gasping for air and had the feeling that I couldn't breath. I inhaled but no air went into my lungs. I woke up panicked. But then I was fine. Was I dreaming that I was suffocating? It made me afraid to go back to sleep and when I did, it happened again and I'm relatively sure I was awake. Last night I'm sure I was awake and again, I had a split second where I felt like I was suffocating. Just a split second, then I'm fine. What gives? Maybe I psyched myself out last night but what about the first time? Weird.

Enough about my quirkiness...I'm going to Las Vegas next week for a few days! I usually get there once a year, at least. My husband has a business thing there and so we'll make a mini-vacation out of it. I'm sure I'll blog again before I go though.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could tell you why you had the dream you had. From what I know about dreams they facilitate solutions to problems or concerns that we attempt to solve in our subconscious. They are often metaphors and symbolic and some of the symbols are universal. I've never heard of what a lack of breath represents. I always thought it would be cool to be able to record your dreams and put them on a DVD so you could watch and make sense of the later. So far I've had no luck in this quest but I'm going to buy a USB port for my brain as soon as they come out.

Have a good time in Vegas. Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Sounds like you should stay up late and listen to Coast-to-Coast radio with Art Bell or George Noory. They had a lady who talks to earthboud spirits just now.

8:45 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Sleep Apnea? Just a thought...

Your not waking up with your hubby's hands around your neck or anything, right?!? Just another thought...

OK, I'd go with the first suggestion...LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

10:38 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Linda beat me to the punch with that diagnosis. Ask the hubby if you snore at night ... he may be putting a pillow over your face.

(jk)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda and MDMHVONPA:
You guys are so funny! I was laughing so hard when I read your comments. Maybe he really is trying to kill me?! Argh!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Hmmm...we're all playing doctors on the internet! Ummm, let me try too. Didn't I read that LDN can cause vivid dreams?

Could that be it?

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter