One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sweating It Out

We are on week three without our upstairs air conditioner. My daughter has been sleeping in our guest room downstairs and my husband has been toughing it out upstairs while I've been camping out on the couch in the family room. It's a leather couch and I keep waking up stuck to it. Fun, fun.

Bless his heart, the poor A/C repair man! He's been here all day. He arrived with his partner at 9:30 and it is now 4:30...and they still aren't done. He's been up in my attic most of the day and I don't know how he hasn't had a heat stroke. Yet. His gauge said it was 140 degrees in the attic as of 11:00 this morning! I can only imagine what it must be now. I'm guessing well above 150 since the outside temp has gone up quite a bit since then. I keep going upstairs to check on him because I'm afraid he's going to die in there.

Good...he just came downstairs and told me they're almost done. I think if it goes on much longer I'll have to force this poor man to jump in the pool, clothes and all!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl, isn't it a blessing when ya get a good repair man, willing to go the extra mile?

And that 'sticking to the leather sofa' comment cracked me up! =o)

Don't make me laugh to hard...ughh...my incisions are still burning! hehe

~~hugs~~

Suzy

8:42 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Dear God! You are in Hell...or is that just Arizona in the summer time?!?

My condolences, dear one...

Linda D. in Seattle

12:24 AM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Did he get it fixed?

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Chris, it might be time to look at purchasing the Comforest adjustable refridgerator. I don't know how you people can stand that kind of heat! Cool thoughts to you from the Upper Midwest.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

The comment about sticking to the couch had me cracking up.

My dad used to own a blue Chevrolet Belair (nicknamed "Rossinante", [Don Qiote's old nag,]) with vinyl upholstery.

It used to be absolute Hell to try to get into that car in the summer time on a sunny day.

I left a lot of flesh on that seat and I will never forget the wet sucking sound my young thighs used to make when I got up off the back seat. (It took quite a few tries too. And my sister suffered the same as I did. :-)pp

4:52 PM  
Blogger frotoe said...

You have been tagged for the 2 part meme...check out my blog for details :)

4:10 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

When I was stationed in San Antonio, living in the non-air conditioned barracks was bad. I can appreciate your pain! :)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the A/C is better now. BTW, you've been tagged (see my blog).

8:39 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Charles, my very first car was a blue Chevy Belair that I bought for $300! Oh the memories...

I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for, you or the repairman. Holy moly, that's one hot town.

7:59 PM  
Blogger everydayjami said...

You can always hang out at the mall until 9pm, then go get an ice cream. You'll be so exhausted from walking around the mall that you'll just fall asleep when you get home and never know how hot you really were.

Seriously, good luck with your a/c. It's muy caliente here in Phoenix.

PS Don't forget Phoenix is a dry heat.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Don't hate me for saying this, but I wouldn't mind if some of that heat from where you are travelled farther up north. The temperature here just does not want to stay up!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter