One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Insight Into My Brain

Black Belt Mama has posed several interesting questions. I shall do my best to answer them.:

1) What's the most important thing you have taught or hope to teach your daughter?
I am teaching my daughter self confidence. I have been trying to instill this in her since she was born. I think it's all in the "little things" a mom says that will raise a confident child...or not. Always be careful what you say because she will remember it as she gets older. The most off-handed comment can sometimes affect them the most.

2) If you could drive any car, what would it be?
Hmmm...This is a tough one. The free spirit in me wants the Ferrari. A red one, just like Magnum P.I. but that's not very practical. If I were to go out right now and buy a car of my choice it would probably be the Porsche Cayenne. An SUV but also has some get-up-and-go.

3)Who is your favorite celebrity crush and why?
Given that I just mentioned Magnum in the last answer, Tom Selleck comes to mind. He's definitely a hottie! He seems to be a nice guy and is never on those entertainment shows having done something seedy. He and I have many similar viewpoints on issues too. Also, I've never really been into facial hair but his 'stache is so darn cute.

4)If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
There are so many things I'd like to change that it's hard to narrow it down to just one. The thing that annoys me the most about myself is my impatience. Sometimes I just want to scream.

5)If you could look like a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Without a doubt it would be Michelle Pfeiffer. I'd still want to stay blonde and she sure is aging well, isn't she! All in all, I'm happy with my looks but if I knew I'd look like her as I aged I'd say bring on those birthdays!

So, what about you, my readers? Any answers to the above questions? Give me a little insight into your brain as well.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like what you said about realizing the importance of self confidence. My daughter is 13 and going through something very difficult at the moment. She has always had a great deal of confidence and this is proving to be of value right now.

2. I've always wanted a car like James Bond had with an ejection seat.

3. I don't think I'd want to be a celebrity...just look what happened to Tom Cruise

4. I'd like to be less impulsive and more practical.

5. I forgot number five.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Christopher39: I like your answers. Especially the James Bond car. If you had a car like that I don't think you'd need to look like Tom Cruise or anyone else famous! lol

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ccMiss Chris,

Just so you know I'm Marcus_Aurelius/Christopher39 from Blackbelt Mama's blog page. I left a message the other day.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

1) I'd teach her "How to handle a creep." (Brass knuckles are optional, but, hey, if ya gotta, ya gotta.)

2) A black Tesla (0 to 60 in 4 seconds... Man that's fast [and environmentally conscious. :-)

3) Jane Fonda (I know ... I'm dating myself. But she's one smart hottie... :-)

4) Uh, I have MS. What do you think? (Insight into my brain would probably either scare you or bore you.)

5) I'd like look like Sean Connery.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: Sean Connery, eh? A pretty good choice! Good looking, suave and full of mystery...what more could a woman want!

9:23 AM  
Blogger everydayjami said...

I want to teach my boys not to take life too seriously.

Porche Carrera

I can't really picture looking like anyone but myself.

If I could change something about myself it would be the willingness to leave the country. I really want to go to Greece or Egypt, but I'm not willing to do it right now. My husband always wants to hit the next adventure so I'd like to like to be there with him.

Thanks for the fun questions.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Amen on #1.
2. XJ8-had one for a week long rental and loved it.
3. Billy Zane before he got weird, then Noah Wylie from ER, and lately. . . weird but Keifer Sutherland. He's so wicked cool.
4. I'm going the physical route: nose or thighs.
5. I think the woman who hosts dancing with the stars is just gorgeous, but I'm not sure I'd want to trade my blonde locks.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, you did a really good job on number one...so I'd have to second you on being careful with your words. I find myself so many times thinking (finally!!) before I speak! Not easy for me, for sure!

2. I'd really like a white Lexus convertible. Ahh...so pretty!

3. I'm not sure??
4. I'll go with physical too...my tummy has had a rough go with all the surgeries I've had. I'll take a new tummy any day!

5. I suppose I'd like to look like...oh gosh, MS moment here...what is her name? Oh yeah...duh, one of us Illini's best, Cindy Crawford. She's aging really well too! (Did I just say she's aging??)

Fun Stuff! Thanks Miss Chris!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter