"The Talent"
A few weeks ago I was asked if me and my daughter would be interested in doing a photo shoot. I was approached by The Pointe at South Mountain Resort here in Phoenix and they asked if we would be interested in shooting a print advertising campaign that will be running all over the country and here locally as well. Sounded like fun to me and my daughter thought is would be really cool. Boy was it!
You'd have thought we were real divas the way they treated us. I figured they would take a couple pictures and be done with it. It was a much bigger production than that. There was a crew of about 4 or 5 photographers and assistants with all their assorted equipment, lights and whatever all those other things are they use to get good light. It took them about 30 minutes just to set up the first scene, meanwhile, someone kept checking in on us asking if they could get us anything and constantly apologizing for the long set up time. We were pampered, to say the least.
We wore robes and slippers from the spa and they took about 50-60 pictures over a two hour period with various scenes. By the time we were done, my daughter said her face was hurting from smiling so much. They even made us act out stuff so the scenes would look real. She thought that was pretty silly but had a lot of fun doing it. I have to say that my face was getting tired too!
I only saw one of the pictures and am curious to see how the others turned out and which ones they'll use for which publications. I'll be sure and post some when I get them.
You'd have thought we were real divas the way they treated us. I figured they would take a couple pictures and be done with it. It was a much bigger production than that. There was a crew of about 4 or 5 photographers and assistants with all their assorted equipment, lights and whatever all those other things are they use to get good light. It took them about 30 minutes just to set up the first scene, meanwhile, someone kept checking in on us asking if they could get us anything and constantly apologizing for the long set up time. We were pampered, to say the least.
We wore robes and slippers from the spa and they took about 50-60 pictures over a two hour period with various scenes. By the time we were done, my daughter said her face was hurting from smiling so much. They even made us act out stuff so the scenes would look real. She thought that was pretty silly but had a lot of fun doing it. I have to say that my face was getting tired too!
I only saw one of the pictures and am curious to see how the others turned out and which ones they'll use for which publications. I'll be sure and post some when I get them.



9 Comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the pics. Can you tell them my daughter and I would be happy to be pampered for a day as well?
That's really neat! Please post the pictures, and if there is a link to them on their website! (Which looks amazing, by the way... did they give you a free weekend there or anything?)
But you ARE Divas!!! Thank Gawd I am the voice of reality versus your mother...LOL
Linda D. in Seattle
Now see, tell your Momma they don't ask women with FAT butts to act like Divas....!
Can't wait to see the pictures!
And yeah, you should get a free weekend...LOL!
I hope you got some sort of compensation, like "have_myelin?" said. I can't wait to see the photos! If they are really good, maybe I'd be enticed to come out to AZ, whaddya think? :-P
Oh, and Donna said the free weekend too. (Mea Culpa, Donna!)
I don't think we're going to get a free weekend but we are going to get any spa treatments that we want. Seeing how expensive they are...I'll take it! They have a mother daughter package that sounds neat and is pricey...$263 per person! We'll probably do that. It's side-by-side massages, manicures, pedicures, private facials goodie bags and lunch together. Pics coming soon.
See! Wait tell you tell your mom that indeed, you are not fat, but rather a Model Caliber Chick!
Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures. Please keep us posted. :)
Jaime
Post a Comment
<< Home