So There!
That's what I'm dying to tell my neurologist, whom I will soon be kicking to the curb.
In my last post I mentioned wanting to try a drug called low-dose naltrexone but my neuro said "NO". He was not willing to prescribe it and I'm pretty sure he'd never even heard of it. Well, to make a long story short (kind of), I started taking this new drug two days ago!
My dad has been seeing a naturopathic doctor for over two years since he was diagnosed with a relatively rare form of cancer. He was diagnosed with throat cancer that had spread to the base of his tongue and to his tonsils. My dad never smoked and rarely drank. He never worked around hazardous chemicals or even lived around them. Nobody really knows how he came to get this type of cancer. He had his lymph nodes in his neck removed as well as a tonsil and part of the base of his tongue. He looks great now and you'd never even know he'd been through that. Anyway, his doctor told him he needed to go on chemotherapy and radiation if he was to have a chance at survival. He knew there had to be a better way of treating his illness and began seeing a naturopathic doctor.
He has stayed cancer free. He has beat the overwhelming odds against him. I saw this doctor after I was diagnosed with my MS and he said as long as the Copaxone was working for me I should stick with it unless it gave me problems. I called his office the other day and explained my situation that I want low dose naltrexone but my neuro. won't give it to me. They said they would and I got it the very next day!
I can't wait to give my soon-to-be ex neurologist a big "Ha ha"
In my last post I mentioned wanting to try a drug called low-dose naltrexone but my neuro said "NO". He was not willing to prescribe it and I'm pretty sure he'd never even heard of it. Well, to make a long story short (kind of), I started taking this new drug two days ago!
My dad has been seeing a naturopathic doctor for over two years since he was diagnosed with a relatively rare form of cancer. He was diagnosed with throat cancer that had spread to the base of his tongue and to his tonsils. My dad never smoked and rarely drank. He never worked around hazardous chemicals or even lived around them. Nobody really knows how he came to get this type of cancer. He had his lymph nodes in his neck removed as well as a tonsil and part of the base of his tongue. He looks great now and you'd never even know he'd been through that. Anyway, his doctor told him he needed to go on chemotherapy and radiation if he was to have a chance at survival. He knew there had to be a better way of treating his illness and began seeing a naturopathic doctor.
He has stayed cancer free. He has beat the overwhelming odds against him. I saw this doctor after I was diagnosed with my MS and he said as long as the Copaxone was working for me I should stick with it unless it gave me problems. I called his office the other day and explained my situation that I want low dose naltrexone but my neuro. won't give it to me. They said they would and I got it the very next day!
I can't wait to give my soon-to-be ex neurologist a big "Ha ha"



9 Comments:
Wow, sounds like you've got a plan all worked out. :-)
Obviously your new Neuro doesn't have the internet, because I just typed in low-dose naltrexone to treat MS and found a bunch of information. Pubmed has a lot too. Either that, or he isn't one to try off label use for medication...which I don't understand. Why not give it a try. If the saftey record is okay for the drug to be on the market, why not see if it will help other conditions.
stepping of my soap box
I guess I'm a bit opinionated this afternoon...
Brittney
Yay! Congratulations! I hope it works for you. :)
My favorite word is "Neener"...you may borrow it if you like...LOL
Linda D. in Seattle
Neener, neener, neener makes me want to stick my tongue out at him when I say it. lol
Good for you! I do believe in taking charge of our own health. We do have to trust our Neuros (after all, don't we HIRE them?) so if there is a loss of trust then it's time to fire 'em.
I hate Neuros who won't work with you to plan your OWN medical treatment. We need their medical knowledge since we didn't go to medical school and they need us. Seems simple enough.
But it's not!
Heh ... I've always imagined you as a 'BITE ME!' type of gal. :D
MDMHVONPA: You know me sooo well :)
How's the LDN going for you, Miss Chris? I'm anxious to hear!
I wouldn't be kicking anyone to the curb just yet. Diseases can be tricky, and if something new is working for you, just thank your lucky stars and merely cease visiting the old quack. The time may come (though unlikely) when you might need this quack to help you in some referal or some other way.
Post a Comment
<< Home