One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, March 19, 2007

100 degrees? In March?

Summer came early to Phoenix this year, but thankfully it's going away for a few more weeks...I hope. It hit 100 degrees here...in March! That's too early for us desert dwellers because we'll get more than enough of that later. I'm not complaining or anything because I know some of you guys are still getting snow and ice and I'd take the heat any day. But come on! We had about a week where temps were in the upper 90's. Thankfully it will be a little cooler today...87. Then going down to the 70's which is right where we should be in March.

I've been taking low dose naltrexone for a little over a week now and am very hopeful it will be a drug that works for me. It can take up to 3 months to notice any difference in symptoms so I don't expect anything new so soon.

I haven't started searching for a new neuro yet. I'm going to but it's such a daunting task that I just dont have it in me right now. Do I just peruse the yellow pages? I don't know anyone with M.S. to ask for a doctor they may recommend so I'm pretty much going to play a guessing game as far as that goes.

6 Comments:

Blogger everydayjami said...

Hey Chris,
Good luck with the LDN.
I'm pretty new to blogging and to MS. I commented on your post a while back, it seems like we might have a little in common. I too, live in Phoenix and I found out last April that I have MS. I've gone to a few of the fundraisers and heard some well-known neuros speak. I'm still getting used to this whole MS thing, so I'm just trying to read as much as I can. Right now I'm reading the book, Curing MS How Science Is Solving the Mysteries of Multiple Sclerosis. It's been a really informative book and in terms that are understandable to me. Well anyway, good luck with everything.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I hope LDN works for you. I've been on it for... 5 years now? But in that time I have had some bad luck with broken bones and surgeries and non-MS related things that have messed me up physically and made it difficult for LDN to do its job. In some ways it seems like my MS is worse, but I know I would be in worse shape if not for the LDN. Oh, and BTW, if you ever need to go in for a major surgery that will require narcotic pain killers afterwards (morphine, demerol) stop taking your LDN a week before or something... I learned that the HARD WAY. It blocks narcotics and I just had to ride out the pain. OWWWWW!!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shocker! I just have to say this, but I woke up to Minus 22 Celsius, (that is... minus 7.6 Fahrenheit) this morning!
Up here in wonderful Quebec City! ;o) Have a nice hot day! Think about us who are still freezing our butts off on the first day of Spring! lol
Amitié,
Myrika

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris -
Hi,
I work for the National MS Society. I’m writing because you have a popular blog that discusses life with MS. I wanted to forward on some exciting and useful news that we hope you can help us spread.

The National MS Society has been chosen as one of nine global charities to be part of Microsoft's new "i'm" initiative!

Every time a customer has a conversation using i'm, Microsoft shares a portion of the program's advertising revenue with one of the nine non-profits in the campaign. Microsoft will make a minimum $100,000 guaranteed donation to each of these organizations during the first year of the program, with no cap on how much the organizations can earn!

Customers can participate in and learn more about the i'm Initiative by joining at http://im.live.com and downloading the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.

If you feel it is appropriate, we would really appreciate it if you would please share this with your readers. We would love to get the word out about this generous program Microsoft has included us in. Not only is it raising funds for the MS movement, it is bringing worldwide awareness to this disease.

If you are not interested in this, please excuse the email. Please let me know and I will not write with other such announcements in the future.

Best,
Annie
(you can write me at pr.associate@nmss.org)

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a website. I think it's called Healthgrades or something like that. It provides reviews of doctors.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Alisia said...

Thank you sooo much for your blog!! I'm wondering where you were able to get prescribed LDN. I'm 28 and live in Sacramento...having one heck of a time getting anyone to prescribe it for me. I feel like my life is ending, one exacerbation at a time. I'm willing to go to Phoenix (or to the moon, for that matter)to get a prescription. Any info you can pass this way is greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Alisia.
karmastruck@hotmail.com

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter