One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Six Weird Things

Black Belt Mama tagged me for this post. I'm supposed to list six weird things about me. Now I know I have way more than 6 weird things about me, but I'll do my best to narrow it down for you.

1) I don't like it when anyone touches me while I'm trying to sleep. I sleep on the edge of the bed and try my best to stay on my own side. Fortunately, my husband seems to realize this dislike of mine and keeps his limbs on his own side (unless I invite him over to my side, if you know what I mean...). I guess I'm just not much of a cuddler.
2) I can't talk on the phone with anyone else in the room. No matter who it is...my mom, a salesperson, a friend...I have to go into another room because it makes me self conscious to have someone listening to my half of the conversation.
3) I constantly change the radio station in the car until I find a song I like. As soon as a commercial comes on I change it. Even if there's a song I like, I'll fool around with the dial because there might be an even better one on. I'm not quite as bad since I got satellite radio. No commercials but lots more stations to choose from!
4) I get grossed out watching people brush their teeth. It makes me want to gag sometimes. The thought of all that plaque...ewww.
5) I'm obsessed with lip balm. I love my Burt's Bees! I couldn't possibly leave home without it. Even if my lips aren't dry I have to put on some Burt. After I eat any meal, before I leave the house, after I'm out and about for a while...whenever. If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only pick three things to have with me, my lip balm would definitely make the top three. I don't know what the other two things would be but I'd have happy lips!
6)I talk out loud to other drivers while I'm driving my car. Just things like "Nice car dude. Ever think of getting it washed?" or "Ever hear of a turn signal, pal?". My daughter is picking up on this habit of mine and now says stuff like "Thanks alot." when someone cuts us off or "Drive a little faster, why dontcha." when someone goes flying by us. She's definitely mastered the art of sarcasm. I don't know why I talk to these people because I know they can't hear me. I guess it makes me feel better to vent.
I'm sure all you guys have a little weird-ness in you too...please, do tell!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice list. You and I would definitely get along in the real world. ;-) Thanks for playing!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg I think you and I are the same person. Not so much for #2, or #4..although my daughter gags if she sees people (especially her brother-but he does gross things on purpose) brush their teeth. But everything else...weird, huh?

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were cute, Miss Chris! I find myself saying things to other drives too...if only they were the nice variety! =)

Hugs!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Oh, so funny! And I'm in the Beetle lipreading people like you. Great list!

I'll have to compose one of my own. I'm definately weird! Whoa...

I gag when people DON'T brush their teeth!

11:15 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Heh ... I'm a preparedness freak. If I have a box of cold cereal, there must be a 'backup' box in the cellar. And when you start to use the backup, you had better replenish the stock or I will panic and go shopping myself. Ohhh, look, a whole buffalo for only 800$!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to know the funny thing about your list?? It's that I don't find those habits weird at all, because I share most of them!! lol

11:35 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Ah, weird, eh? Hmmm...I will have to rethink my status on the food chain now as I didn't find most of them weird at all!

Linda D. in Seattle

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

This was a great post! Thanks for sharing. I have to laugh because I also do many of those things.

I am really bad about changing the channels on the radio in the car. I used to be bad with the TV as well but now that I have tivo I just fast forward. lol I am constantly talking (sometimes yelling) at other drivers though and like your daughter, my son has started to pick up my habbits.

Jaime

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chris,

Don't know if you will read this but would like you to contact me.. dalejo@dalejo.com

I am on LDN for cancer ( live in HONG KONG) my mom is on LDN for arthritis ( phoenix- mom is medicare) and we have good friend going through terrible chemo now and wants to get on LDN and need to find a doctor in Phoenix who will prescribe for my friend with cancer. If you read this drop me an email... we have lots to discuss and maybe a referral for doctor???... Dee

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter