Tag...I'm It
I've been tagged by MDMHVONPA to post the reasons why I blog. This has caused me to do some thinking. Why do I do it? What is my motivation? Do I even have a motivation? Hmmm.
As I sit here tapping my fingers on the desk and racking my brain, I think the answers turned out to be pretty obvious:
1) When I was diagnosed with M.S., I felt very alone. There wasn't anyone I knew that could relate to what I was going through. It gave me a way to meet others who were in the same boat as me.
2) Just as with MDMHVONPA, blogging is therapy and...it's free! I think most people probably find it to be somewhat theraputic.
3) Plain and simple, I just love to write. Blogs, letters to friends, letters to editors, elected officials, etc. Put a computer in front of me and the words just start coming. I guess you could say that it's the way I express myself best.
4) Last but not least, I guess you could say I find it flattering that anyone out there is interested in my life!
As I sit here tapping my fingers on the desk and racking my brain, I think the answers turned out to be pretty obvious:
1) When I was diagnosed with M.S., I felt very alone. There wasn't anyone I knew that could relate to what I was going through. It gave me a way to meet others who were in the same boat as me.
2) Just as with MDMHVONPA, blogging is therapy and...it's free! I think most people probably find it to be somewhat theraputic.
3) Plain and simple, I just love to write. Blogs, letters to friends, letters to editors, elected officials, etc. Put a computer in front of me and the words just start coming. I guess you could say that it's the way I express myself best.
4) Last but not least, I guess you could say I find it flattering that anyone out there is interested in my life!



4 Comments:
Your absolutely right.
MS is a lonely disease because its a very alienating mystery.
That's what I noticed/thought of before starting my MSBPodcast.
The absence of knowledge goes in concert with the absence on presence in any media.
Blogging keeps me off the streets and out of trouble!
I'm happy that you blog. It's just a fun past time and you have helped people gain some insights into MS.
I like to blog because I think it keeps me younger and hipper.
I love to read your stuff! And Charles is right- MS is a very alienating and mysterious disease.
Post a Comment
<< Home