Is It Hot In Here, Or Is It Just Me?
I know it's been a while since my last post but I've been so busy, I just haven't has the time to sit down and write. You'd think that being that busy would mean I'd have lots of news and pithy comments about the goings-on in my life. Not so.
My usual summer snafu is happening as it seems to every year right on cue: The A/C stops working. In May, in Phoenix. Typical. It went on the fritz when it was well into the 90's and that was 2 weeks ago. Thankfully it's cooled down to the mid 80's and yes, that's cool for May in Phoenix. It's the upstairs unit that crapped out and it's gotten up to about 90 up there. The frustrating thing is that this has been happening since the house was built. There is constant bickering between the manufacturer and the warranty company and of course, the builder is useless. The unit was a lemon right from the start but getting them to do anything about it is nearly impossible. The warranty should cover it but dang...I need my A/C! Who knows how long this will drag on.
I'm still thrilled with LDN (Low dose Naltrexone). I've been on it for only a couple months and I still feel better than I ever did on Copaxone. I can go days at a time without feeling any symptoms whatsoever. That's a real switch! Instead of having to think about my MS every day, I'm able to put it in the back of my mind because I'm not constantly being reminded of it.
I'm still working on my Arabic. I haven't been doing it as much as I'd like because of other priorities but I really enjoy it and am learning new words almost every day. Reading it is getting a bit easier as well but that's still the hardest part.
I guess that's about it from here. Oh, I almost forgot...to mdmhvonpa: I paid $3.03 a gallon for gas yesterday. Argh!
My usual summer snafu is happening as it seems to every year right on cue: The A/C stops working. In May, in Phoenix. Typical. It went on the fritz when it was well into the 90's and that was 2 weeks ago. Thankfully it's cooled down to the mid 80's and yes, that's cool for May in Phoenix. It's the upstairs unit that crapped out and it's gotten up to about 90 up there. The frustrating thing is that this has been happening since the house was built. There is constant bickering between the manufacturer and the warranty company and of course, the builder is useless. The unit was a lemon right from the start but getting them to do anything about it is nearly impossible. The warranty should cover it but dang...I need my A/C! Who knows how long this will drag on.
I'm still thrilled with LDN (Low dose Naltrexone). I've been on it for only a couple months and I still feel better than I ever did on Copaxone. I can go days at a time without feeling any symptoms whatsoever. That's a real switch! Instead of having to think about my MS every day, I'm able to put it in the back of my mind because I'm not constantly being reminded of it.
I'm still working on my Arabic. I haven't been doing it as much as I'd like because of other priorities but I really enjoy it and am learning new words almost every day. Reading it is getting a bit easier as well but that's still the hardest part.
I guess that's about it from here. Oh, I almost forgot...to mdmhvonpa: I paid $3.03 a gallon for gas yesterday. Argh!



5 Comments:
No AIRCONDITIONING in the desert? I would have fallen into a stupor and most likely committed suicide by now...hats off to you and YOUR endurance!!! LOL
I think it's great you are learning a new language and particularly Arabic...although I secretly have to wonder if "Miss Chris" really is your name or if you are under DEEP cover with this MS talk! LOL You know those of us with MS really ARE terrorists at heart...
(And gas is nearly a half day's wages per gallon here in WA state...$3.40 for the regular crap)
Linda D. in Seattle
Hi Miss Chris, I read BBM's page and was browsing and found your page. I have read a little of what you have endured and wanted to tell you I have 2 friends, both of whom are older, who have MS. One of them doesn't take very good care of himself and it is apparent. The other has really taken care of himself; doesn't drink or smoke anymore and watches his diet. He is in better shape than he was before he was diagnosed.
Best of luck to you and as far as the blog, Phoenix is HOT man! I don't buy the no humidity thing. Hope the AC gets repaired soon.
Welcome Marcus! Thanks for the comments. And yes...it's hot here even though it's dry. When you get up to around 110 it's hot no matter how you look at it. We've actually had a wonderful weekend in the 80's but it's back above 90 tomorrow. I think this was our last shot at spring this year.
Good luck fixing your AC, and great news regarding the meds!
No AC? Uhhh, I'd be whipping out my VISA and be heading for a spa till it was fixed. Yeah, expensive. Would I care? Probably, but I'd be COOL! LOL...
Hope it resolves itself soon.
Speaking of gas, CO and TX had a shortage for a week or so due to some...something that happened in TX. All the pumps had bags on them! I thought for a minute Jimmy Carter was Prez again!
Post a Comment
<< Home