Vegas Vacation
I'm back from Las Vegas feeling well rested but with the usual sore feet. Everything looks so close together but it's really not. You learn this the first time you visit there but each time thereafter you still do more walking than you'd like.
We try to stay at a different resort each time we go and this time we stayed at "Paris". Previously we've stayed at "Luxor", "Excaliber", "Tropicana", and "The Venitian". (We've stayed other places having gone previously with friends or family but not with each other). The Venitian was by far the most opulent but we decided Paris was definitely the better choice. It is conveniently located within walking distance to the places we like to go the most, like "Bellagio", "The Monte Carlo", "Caesar's Palace" and "MGM Grand". And the pool area was great! It is enormous and set right at the base of the Eiffel Tower. I spent all morning Thursday at the pool as well as Friday afternoon. Even wearing my SPF 50 sunscreen I got some sun.
We don't usually go the shows while in Vegas. They are sooooo expensive, but this time we decided to treat ourselves. We spent the big bucks and saw "O". It is a Cirque du Soleil production at the Bellagio. It was incredible!
We didn't do much gambling as we usually don't. We like the nickel video poker. You can play for hours and only lose a couple of bucks! This time we even found penny video poker. Those machines were almost always full.
I can't think of anything juicy that happened. Darn! For those of you who wrote to me about "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", and your thoughts that I may come back with a certain kind of souvenier, let's just say that even after a few very strong drinks, caution was the word of the day.
We try to stay at a different resort each time we go and this time we stayed at "Paris". Previously we've stayed at "Luxor", "Excaliber", "Tropicana", and "The Venitian". (We've stayed other places having gone previously with friends or family but not with each other). The Venitian was by far the most opulent but we decided Paris was definitely the better choice. It is conveniently located within walking distance to the places we like to go the most, like "Bellagio", "The Monte Carlo", "Caesar's Palace" and "MGM Grand". And the pool area was great! It is enormous and set right at the base of the Eiffel Tower. I spent all morning Thursday at the pool as well as Friday afternoon. Even wearing my SPF 50 sunscreen I got some sun.
We don't usually go the shows while in Vegas. They are sooooo expensive, but this time we decided to treat ourselves. We spent the big bucks and saw "O". It is a Cirque du Soleil production at the Bellagio. It was incredible!
We didn't do much gambling as we usually don't. We like the nickel video poker. You can play for hours and only lose a couple of bucks! This time we even found penny video poker. Those machines were almost always full.
I can't think of anything juicy that happened. Darn! For those of you who wrote to me about "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", and your thoughts that I may come back with a certain kind of souvenier, let's just say that even after a few very strong drinks, caution was the word of the day.



7 Comments:
Yeah, right...you're supposed to say you made out like bandits! At least that's what I tell everyone when the reservation casino up here takes my change...LOL
Linda D. in Seattle
Sounds like you had fun. I've been to Vegas twice and had a blast.
"nd your thoughts that I may come back with a certain kind of souvenier, let's just say that even after a few very strong drinks, caution was the word of the day."
What? No additions to the family? Rats. ;)
I went to Las Vegas with my family when I was 15. We all drove there from Denver with our cousins. The trip took us through the Rockies - now those are mountains. We stayed at The Starwood and I remember playing video games at a place called Circus Circus. At the time Sonny and Cher, Wayne Newton, and Don Rickles were headlining (I'm giving away my age here!). I think Rickles is still doing gigs out there.
John:
Circus, Circus is still around although it's been years since I've been there. If you went to Vegas every couple of years you'd be amazed by the changes.It is changing so fast that I don't know how all the new hotels/luxury condos stay full.
We saw "O" as well! It's AMAZING! Did they still have the baby? LOL!!! I mean the one on stage...! In "O", for those confused!
Tehehe!
If anyone is reading these comments...I haven't dropped off the planet. My blog post won't post. What gives?
Post a Comment
<< Home