Holy Heartburn Batman!

What gives? Lately I can't lay head to pillow without the acid welling up in my throat. Too graphic? At least I didn't go into how it's so high up in my throat I can actually taste it. That would be entirely too gross.
Let me clarify by saying that I haven't changed my diet. No new foods have been introduced. I'm not eating any later in the evening than usual yet I can't seem to fall asleep without at least 3 pillows piled under my head. As you all know by now I'm not a pill popper so I have no interest in Prevacid or anything like that because I figure there has to be a natural way of stopping the burn. So I'm on a mission to solve this once and for all before I start to go loco from sleep deprivation.
In other news...my daughter's ice skating lessons are going great! She's taking a group lesson once a week and there are about 10 kids in the class. She's really catching on quick and I'm sure the karate had a lot to do with that. For one thing she has little fear, and secondly the coordination and balance developed from karate really puts her ahead of the game. Not to mention the issue of focus. And I can tell by the look on her face what a good time she's having. So much less stressful than the karate was. And that's a relief for both of us.



8 Comments:
GERD...plain and simple. Gastro Esophogeal Reflux Disease. Sometimes sleeping with your head up on pillows will solve the problem, but...well, you'll have to decide how badly it is interfering with your life/sleep whether to try Prevacid or not!
Or...it could be that nasty, hairy spider in your previous post has crawled into your mouth while you've been sleeping and...OK, that's just too gruesome to visualize here.
Linda D. in Seattle
Linda D.: Ewwwwwww!!!!!
Mmmm, bile. It's like a party in my mouth and everyone is barfing!
Sorry to hear about the acid reflux, my instructor has the same problem. Hope you can find a natural remedy soon!:)
I used to have it (and sleep apnea,)
I'd bet that something in your life has changed but that could be almost anything from a new pepper/spice that you're just not digesting to [deleted for your husband's tender ears' sake].
Best of luck discovering it.
I had the same thing and like you I hate taking pills. What I did find out is that there aren't enough enzymes in the body. I have been taking acidopholus(I think I spelled it wrong)it is a pill but one every morning and things are so much better. Get them at a health food store.
MDMHVONPA: You have such a way with words!
Silverstar: I'm still a lookin'.
Charles: (Gasp!) I think I know what you're thinking...or is it just my dirty mind...hmmm.
I drink bottled water all day and noticed that if I add a squirt of lemon juice to a few of them throughout the day, I don't get the symptoms you have been having at night.It might be coincidence but worth a shot.
Post a Comment
<< Home