Cool?
What an August! I can't remember the last time we had an August here that was so... not hot. I can't use the word cool because it definitely isn't cool outside but the last two weeks have been among the most tolerable we've had in months.
As I mentioned a few posts ago, we are in the middle of monsoon season. During this season, the days are like any other...sunny and hot with the clouds rolling in like clockwork in the late afternoon. However this year it's taken on a different pattern, with clouds hanging around all day keeping the temperature to a minimum. We've only been above 100 degrees a few days over the last couple weeks and that is rare! The 90's in August? Who would have thought that was possible? Certainly not me. I'm sure this enjoyable yet uncommon weather pattern will be over soon and it will be back to the 100's, but for now it's been so nice to actually be able to spend time outside without frying. It helped me think about what life must be like for other people around the country who actually look forward to summer and it reminded me of what life was like before I moved to the desert.
As I mentioned a few posts ago, we are in the middle of monsoon season. During this season, the days are like any other...sunny and hot with the clouds rolling in like clockwork in the late afternoon. However this year it's taken on a different pattern, with clouds hanging around all day keeping the temperature to a minimum. We've only been above 100 degrees a few days over the last couple weeks and that is rare! The 90's in August? Who would have thought that was possible? Certainly not me. I'm sure this enjoyable yet uncommon weather pattern will be over soon and it will be back to the 100's, but for now it's been so nice to actually be able to spend time outside without frying. It helped me think about what life must be like for other people around the country who actually look forward to summer and it reminded me of what life was like before I moved to the desert.



8 Comments:
To date, global warming has been particularly kind to us heat sensitive folk.
MDMHVONPA: So true ;)
And here I thought MDMHVONPA didn't BELIEVE in global warming?!? Commie, commie, commie! (At least that's what he writes on my blog when I discuss the subject. LOL)
Still, 90 degrees is too dayumed hot in my opinion...
Linda D. in cool summer Seattle
Linda D.: When 90 degrees seems "cooler" to us, you know we're screwed here. lol
I thought it was global cooling. Which one makes more $$$$?
LOL. My poor husband, in Phoenix..while I bask in the coolness we call Coolerado. :-)
Myelin: I hear ya girl!
Where do you live? The moon? Here in Southwest Mississippi the temps have been right at 98 to 102 the last several days with heat indices around 110. So broiling hot that we can't dress out for martial arts practice even with the AC blowing full blast. The weather gurus are projecting this 100+ degree weather to continue into next week.
Not to mention the humidity.
Patrick Parker: LOL! I usually refer to us as living somewhere in the "twilight zone".
Post a Comment
<< Home