One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Young Lady

The funeral was today. Words can't begin to tell you how proud I was of my daughter for the way she handled it. She has surely become a young lady. She was gracious beyond her years to everyone she came in contact with at the service.

I've been to several funerals in my lifetime but never have I ever known a person who was murdered. This man was brutally killed and dumped like a piece of garbage. This is a new situation for me and I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it, so how can my daughter be handling it so well? I think I know the reason.

When she thinks of this situation, she is sad because she will never see her uncle again and she will miss him. When I think about this, I see a child who was taken from their family and at far too young an age. In my own mind, I put myself in the place of his mother and I don't know how she can go on. I can't see it any other way than that, because Iam a mother.

A parent should never outlive their child.

7 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Things like this never get easier, no matter what the circumstance.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Becky G said...

FUnny how becoming a mother changes you in ways you never dreamed.

You and your daughter are in my prayers.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

So many things happen in this world which are beyond comprehension and this is one of them. I am so sorry for your loss.

4:20 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

"A parent should never out live their child"

Just glad you have yours to continue to squeeze and hold on to...such are the finer things in life.

(Many apologies for not getting over here sooner...my bad)

Linda D. in Seattle

12:38 AM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Absolutely agree with you. I can't think of anything worse for anyone than losing a child. I hope they catch the person(s) responsible for his death and hope things improve. :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I'm sorry. I know it's difficult and it never gets easier.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Funerals are hard, sorry and condolences.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter