One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Proud Mama

Last night was my daughter's first figure skating performance and it was perfect! We are so proud of her and she had the best time doing it. The video is not very good quality since we used a regular camera to tape it because we don't have a video camera. Try and be patient throughout the middle of the performance since you won't be able to see much of anything. No zoom on the camera makes for a very tiny skater but the beginning and the end are pretty easily visable. In the middle, what you are not seeing are a scratch spin, a spiral, and a jump but they were all great. I hope you enjoy it...

16 Comments:

Blogger Bubbie said...

That was so cool! I know you must be beaming.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Beginner said...

Very cool - especially considering what a short time she's been skating!

11:17 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

OMG! I can't believe how "calm" she looks on those skates...as if she were BORN with them on! Look out Dorothy Hamill (sp)...of course, don't mention that name to her...she's too young to remember! LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

11:50 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Bubbie: Thanks! And yes, I'm beaming.:)
Perpetual Beginner: Thanks to you too! I can't believe all she's learned in such a short time.
Braincheese: She was calm through the whole thing! She definitely does NOT get that from me. I was nervous for her though! :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Be proud and congratulatory.

You've both earned it.

Congrats.

Have a merry and a happy.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: Thanks and you have a Merry and a Happy too!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

Glad it went well. :D

Be proud!

12:49 PM  
Blogger John Vesia said...

Very nice. What does she like better, skating or karate?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Thanks Mat!

John: She likes skating soooo much better than karate!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

very much enjoyed...thank you for sharing this with us!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Hi Chris,

It has been a long time. I hope you and your family have had a wonderful Christmas!

This is so cool! Tell her we all think she is great out here in MS/cyber world. :)

Take care of yourself,
Jaime

12:35 AM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Great to see that you are having a happy holidays!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Neat video, thanks for sharing. She's great:)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

hope you had a great holiday...just stopping by to say hello.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Blackbeltmama said...

Having taken lessons for a year when I was a teenager, I am shocked and amazed at how awesome she is doing after only a few months! Doing those half turn jumps is so difficult and the spinning? Equally so! You must be VERY proud of her!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Black Belt Mama: Thanks! I can hardly believe the stuff she's able to do already too.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter