One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Go Diamondbacks!


The Arizona Diamondbacks have made it to the playoffs! Given the youth on
the team this year this is definitely a surprise, not only to us fans but to the sportscasters as well. Not much was expected of the "Baby Backs" this season. The name "Baby Backs" was given to them by the announcers due to all the young guys brought up from the minor leagues to start building a team. The veterans better watch out. They may just lose their spot on the starting line-up because they can't seem to get it done like the young guys can.
My husband surprised us with tickets to tonights first play-off game! Even though the seats are up in the nosebleed section it'll be fun just to be there. Let me just say this...as happy as I am that they made it this far doesn't mean I'm not a realist. The D-Backs can play great or they can really stink up the place. I've been to approximately 10 games since their beginnings and they've won maybe one or two of those games. I'd really like to see a win tonight (obviously) but I can't really remember what it's like to go to a game where they've won. Usually the ones I go to have few hits and no action to speak of. Hopefully this time will be different?

8 Comments:

Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Have a great time! Don't know what the Diamondbacks are (don't hit me please) but I can share your delight.

I'll meekly say "Go Elway". Those were the days...

7:43 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Win or lose...you're going to a PLAY OFF GAME!!!!! **grumble, grumble** Surely can't say THAT about my Mariners **listening for the sucking sound now**

LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

8:56 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

SIGH..... the phillies are done for.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: The D-Backs are our baseball team. They won...yea!
Linda: We had a great time last night...first sell-out crowd I've ever seen there.
MDMHVONPA: The Phillies are still in it, arent' they?

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge baseball fan but living here in IL, people are going nuts about the Cubs. My family is mostly White Sox fans.Hope you enjoyed the game last night with the D-Backs winning.
Sharon

11:49 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Sharon: It was a little weird for me last night because I lived outside Chicago as a kid and went to several Cubs games at Wrigley. I was a loyal fan! If not the Diamondbacks...Cubs all the way!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Now that I've turned into a baseball fan, it's GO ROCKIES!

Had to return to say that. :-}

4:47 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: I think you Rockies will be all over us D-Backs. I think we peaked too soon and now there's no place else to go but down. :(

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter