One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Close Call




My daughter found one of these little buggers at the bottom of the stairs this morning. In case you can't tell by the picture, it's a scorpion. It's a miracle that none of us got stung seeing as we all trapsed by this location numerous times this morning with our bare feet. And the dog...don't even get me started there. She would've probably tried to play with it and gotten a nasty surprise.
So now it's that time of year again when, around our house, we shouldn't walk around in the dark, you never know what may be laying in wait, stinger poised and ready. Always remember to turn that light on first or you may be sorry. It also means that it would be wise to start shaking out the shoes before puting them on. They are known to lurk in such places.
If I can be honest though, I'd rather have a scorpion in the house than one of those hideously gruesome spiders I showed you a few posts back. I can wrangle a scorpoin dead or alive but not a spider.

9 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

WAIT! Maybe this will become the newest and greatest "cure" for MS...scorpion stings...

Of course, I wouldn't volunteer MYSELF for the test studies...LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

1:21 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Strangely/scarily enough, the smallest scorpion, nearly transparent to boot, is also the deadliest, relying on neurotoxins to kill its prey.

(Actually, it can kill a human being, something way bigger than it is.)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I know...and this was the exact type that was in the house. Any of them that get in look the same as this one. It was about 2 inches in length. I'll bet it packed quite a punch.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda: If it would help I'd be the first in line to volunteer. Just chalk it up to me doing my part for the greater good... lol

8:52 AM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

You find a lot of cool critters around your home!

3:37 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

This is one of the things I do not miss about living in the SouthWest.

1)Rattlers
2)Red Ants
3)Black Widows
4)Scorpions
5)Crusading Mormons

Of course, as a kid, 4 of these things were great fun.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

oh my...if i saw that i would definitely freak!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Just to let you know... hubby is out of Phoenix and doesn't miss it a bit.

I'm with the guy with the baffling letter combo vonpa something... but I can't say I've met a Mormon to my knowledge.

Oh! We're having our first fall frost...tonight!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hubby's outta here, eh? Just in time for our Fall though. By "Fall" I mean high 80's and maybe low 90's. It's cool for us though!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter