One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


It's been a very hectic week but I'm forcing myself to take the time to update my blog.


My wrist injury is something I'm just going to have to live with. The tearing I felt was actually only scar tissue so that's a big relief. I also have pieces of cartilage floating around in my wrist but things would have to be unbearable before I would consider anymore surgery. That plus the beginnings of osteoarthritis in the joint round it all out. So I guess it's good and bad. I guess I'll just go on as I have been, knowing that any pain I'm feeling isn't causing more damage. That's the way it goes, I guess.


My inlaws and stepson are all here for Thanksgiving so that's fun. It's a nice break from the mundane. Not that the mundane is bad or boring, quite the opposite, but change can be a nice distraction from the usual stuff. My sister-in-law and her husband are coming next weekend from Iowa and they are tons of fun. I can't wait!


Skating is going well for my daughter and she's enjoying every minute of it. My HOA is keeping me busier than I'd like so that's mostly to blame for my lack of posting lately but I'll try and be better about updates. I dont' have any really interesting things to mention so I'll just wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!


7 Comments:

Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

"A change is as good as a rest" is an expression I hear used a lot. :-)

Happy turkey day!

5:29 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Can you ... like ... get a replacement hand? Hmmm, I'm anxious for that technology to come to fruition.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I think that expression fits here. I am now re-motivated to not be so lazy and get to bloggin'!
MDMHVONPA: I was hoping to be the next Bionic Woman...It would sure help!

9:09 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Gobble, gobble! That's turkish for "have a happy thanksgiving".

Linda D. in Seattle

11:35 PM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Ha that picture is hilarious! I celebrated Thanksgiving last month, but I still appreciate seeing cats and dogs dressed up like Aboriginals and Pilgrims.:)
Sorry to hear about your wrist injury, but at least there is the distraction like you said.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

and a happy belated thanksgiving to you. and i am so sorry about your wrist.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I like that- "A change is as good as a rest". I think that's so true.

I still don't know what's wrong with my hand but it doesn't sound as exotic as yours. Hope you continue to improve (will it?) and I NEVER find your days boring.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter