Ramblings
I haven't posted in a while because there hasn't been much to write about. That's always a good sign though because it means I can't complain about anything.
This afternoon I have my appointment with the hand surgeon. Hopefully he'll tell me that my wrist will heal on it's own over time and to not worry about it. I'm crossing my fingers and toes to get that out of him.
Our heatwave has finally broken! In case you weren't aware, we've had about 2 weeks of record high temps here in the Valley Of The Sun. Now we are in the low 80's and it's wonderful! It's nice to be able to be outside. We look forward to our winters much like people in normal parts of the country wait anxiously for their summers. I don't mind an average summer but it's November people! Enough's enough.
Skating is going very well for my daughter. She will have her first competition at the end of January and is learning her very first program. She'll be skating a technical program to the theme from the "Pink Panther". It's really cute.
My husband's been sick with some sort of upper respiratory illness for the last week, and then some. I'm doing my best to keep it at bay so we'll see how that goes. He had a white spot on his tonsil and both were swollen. Along with the sore throat came a very full nose and a cough. The doctor said to just ride it out and didn't give him anything. He never goes to the doctor when he's sick and we aren't ones to use antibiotics unless we have to but I think he needed one this time. Oh well. I'm not the doctor, although I sometimes play one on this site.
This afternoon I have my appointment with the hand surgeon. Hopefully he'll tell me that my wrist will heal on it's own over time and to not worry about it. I'm crossing my fingers and toes to get that out of him.
Our heatwave has finally broken! In case you weren't aware, we've had about 2 weeks of record high temps here in the Valley Of The Sun. Now we are in the low 80's and it's wonderful! It's nice to be able to be outside. We look forward to our winters much like people in normal parts of the country wait anxiously for their summers. I don't mind an average summer but it's November people! Enough's enough.
Skating is going very well for my daughter. She will have her first competition at the end of January and is learning her very first program. She'll be skating a technical program to the theme from the "Pink Panther". It's really cute.
My husband's been sick with some sort of upper respiratory illness for the last week, and then some. I'm doing my best to keep it at bay so we'll see how that goes. He had a white spot on his tonsil and both were swollen. Along with the sore throat came a very full nose and a cough. The doctor said to just ride it out and didn't give him anything. He never goes to the doctor when he's sick and we aren't ones to use antibiotics unless we have to but I think he needed one this time. Oh well. I'm not the doctor, although I sometimes play one on this site.



8 Comments:
Now what are the ODDS, Murphy, that you will get away with a "it will heal in its own time" from that surgeon?!? But still, I pray for you. LOL
Linda D. in Seattle
Actually, that's not bad advice, for the doctor...
For your husband. I recommend aspirin, plenty of bed rest, plenty of fluids (some red wine in there too.)
For you, hope it ain't the flue. (I know that that always brings on an exacerbation for me.)
Heat wave ... gha!
BTW: Did I mention to you that I hit my hand with a ball-peen hammer? Now I have context!
Braincheese: Sometimes I think my middle name should be Murphy.
Charles: I think I manages to avoid the illness (knock on wood!).
MDMHVONPA: OUCH!!!!
so how did it go with the hand surgeon? come back and tell us!
Hi,
I hope your wrist gets better soon as well as your husband.:)I find honey works well for sore throats.
That's funny. (not) I just had x-rays of my hand. Dunno what's wrong with it. I thought it would heal on it's own. Then I got tired of wearing a Walgreen's splint.
Merelyme: I'll post soon about the doctor's findings.
Silverstar: Thanks for the well wishes!
Myelin: I know the Walgreens splint very well! I still have mine too.
Post a Comment
<< Home